Well just now i had done with my HSG(march 16th 2007 4:00 pm)...Here is my experience.....
It was not very horrible but painful(bearable)the pain is just like menstrul cramping...it took 10 -15 mins to complete the test...after the completion of the test the final step they did ,they inserted some cloth into my vagina not to flow the bleeding outside and told me to remove gently after 3 hrs (my test was completed by 4:00 pm and told me to remove cloth by 7:00 pm).I removed the cloth ,it wasn`t painful ,after the removal of the cloth i felt like i was set free ,also i dont have any kind of pain am perfectly alright...thank god!!!! Also they gave me antibiotic for 2 days one is today after dinner and other is tomorrow 3 times(morning,afternoon,night) .Also tomorrow at 9:00 am i will have another simple test(as they told lk tht ;-) ) X-ray i think ....Gyn told me tht tomorrow i will get my report and out of curiosity i asked her about how was the test went...she told me tht my right ovary was perfect with no problem and told me tht she want to test my left ovary and told me tht she will talk abt tht later .....
So tht was my experience regarding HSG....
One of my horrible experience is i was living in Japan and i know very little japanese and my gyn know very very little english...at first i really donno wht they r doing to me ..am really sacred ...:ouch but managed as our gyn and her team were soooooooo kind and tried to divert me when am feeling pain ,also we r staying far away from our parents...i really miss my mom :cry ...

HSG is not a bad experience ...dont get scared just relax....:-) ,everything will be fine..... 8)