ok, so heres my story. i accidentally killed a dog whilst driving back home, and it was right next to my neighborhood. i am the biggest animal lover in the world! if i killed a fly i would cry... sadllyy.. i dont know what to do, the dog just out of nowhere came running ffrom the side of a forrest, and straight into my car. i was so shocked, and was like omg! and didnt stop all the way, i hit the brakes hard, but sarted rolling a bit. right when the dog hit the car, i immediatly sta®ted screaming!! and the worst part is i keep seeing this image nonstop! ' imagine a black pitbull, medium size, running towards my car, his big tongue swinging up and down, w a red collar on his neck. he was running like he was the most happiest dog u could imagine, it felt like it was slow motion, then BAM! hits the car so hard, where u can feel the car move, and the worst part is that mad me scream was that i heard the loudest cry ffrrom the dog!' my heart was like tearing apart. and theere was a car behind us. i was crying so hard, mom told me to go home. then her and my aunt drove backk to see the dog. and it wasnt there. no blood nothing. but i dont believe them; no person whilst driving would pick up a dead/ wounded crying :'( dog, and put it inn theirr car.... what if they were the owners, heey would fricken hate my guts now! what if it was just a puppy, and diddnt live have of his life yet?! what if hes at the hospital in misery?! and he will be in pain for the rest of his life?! what if somebody thru him in the forrest and lett him die!? i just wanna know! its killing me! everyones going to hate me now.... i killed an inicent dog, and im only 15; who in the f*****g world is 15 and klled a dog.... me im the only one.... im scared to drive, i donnt want to get in a ccar ever again.. and i just cant stopp crying, im a sttupid horrible person

Accidents happen and running over an animal is just that, an accident. First of all, depending on what State you are in, there are leash laws. I am not saying that because the dog was not leased that it's ok to hit it, i'm saying that maybe if the dog was on one, you wouldn't have. Dogs are cats run freely all over the place and it is the owners resposibilty to see to it that the animal is secure at all times.

I have accidently run over 2 cats, a dog, several woodsy creatures, i.e. squirrels, racoons, birds..etc. I felt bad, of course i did, but there isn't much you can do. My sister in law is an animal lover and because we all live sort of rurally, we are all constantly running over some small something. One day she hit a woodchuck and took it to the vet. The bill, before it was over, was 600.00 bucks. The chuck died and my sister in law almost did to once her husband found out.

If you did what you could, i.e. trying to find the dogs owner, maybe put an ad in the neighborhood paper, post a flyer, what ever, try and forget it. You did not wake up that morning and scheme a plan on how to run over a black pit bull with a red collar, of course you didn't. So you need to get a grip as this "accident" is going to drive you nuts.

No way am i down playing this at all, but just be happy it wasn't a child or another car involved. If your 15, you have a ton of drive time ahead of you and i just want to let you know that there may be another time when an animal crosses your path again. Don't panic, it happens all the time. I know it's sad, but it is an accident.

See i know i shouldntt be sad but i always am and im scared to drive again bbecause it willl hurt me really bad to injure or kill an innocennt animal and just drive away like why me why was i chosen a beginning driver to kill ann animal i was crying in like every class today and all my teacberrrs saw me and it was embarrassing and i just want to get the image and crying out of my head its killling me!! Any advice on that and thanks for replying i apprecite it

Hi 2b, it's me again or should I say it's you again? XD

The only cure for what you feel is time.
I remember every animal I have run over starting with a pigeon when I was 16. I do all I can to miss them but there are times when you can't avoid them without causing something worse or just because it's not possible. With experience you get better at avoiding them. I haven't run over any in the last 35 years.

Oh thtts good! But i just wish i wouldnt see the image anymore i could like still feel how the dog hit tthe car

Hey, I know how you feel. I ran over a cat in the summer, and I still feel bad about it. There were like two cats playing in the street, one chasing the other, and I was driving and out of no where they ran right into the street, well the one saw me coming and quickly got out of the way but the other didn't and was focused on the other cat and was running and went just under my back tire. I felt horrible!! But I didn't see it coming because it wasn't in front of me and thus went under the back tire. And there were cars behind me so I couldn't brake and swerve. But thankfully no one else hit it and a lady ran into the street to pick it up. I always wonder if its okay or what happened to it, I heard it scream :'( And I still feel bad about it but I know there really wasn't much I can do. Now I hate driving in residential areas, and am always on the look out for something running out of no where. I even hate re-running over dead animals.

I still feel bad, but I know it was an accident. And dogs are pretty resilient, and I'm sure it got up and walked somewhere, or someone else saw it and helped it. All you can do is pray and hope for the best and know it wasn't your fault. So don't be too hard on yourself okay? Stuff happens, and like bbfeet9 said, it was an accident!

Aw thats so sad, i just finally forced myself to look at the car and it was a huge dent cracked and evverything in the shape of a head and body, and it looks so painful and i doubt their was a chance it lived :'( but even if it did i have like an image in my head i dont know if this happeneed cuz my mom told me to drive away and i have this image that the owner was behind me and got out of the car sccreaming and crrying towards it dog and just seeing its dog laying their dead..... Omgg i feel awful ya know i just want to know what happened really because what if it did get up and went to the side and died then it would be in misery :'(