Dog: Boxer or Greyhound

Salt water aquarium

Reptile house too.

1) cat. had one my whole life, until my wife came along. she's never had as much as a fish! how can parents be so cruel?

2) dog. probably a beagle or a jack russel.

3) a saltwater tank would be cool. I've got a 30 gallon fresh, and there's only so many colors you can get.

I've had dogs all my life, all Keeshonds from the puppy my father got me for my 10th birthday. It's been about 8 of them until my wife fell in love with a Poodle puppy at work and I bought it for her for her birthday. Within a year she said we had to get rid of it and I was heartbroken. He used to run into the room and jump into my lap where he would stay all evening. When I went to the coffee shop there would be a gaggle of young girls surrounding my car when I left. He was a real babe magnet. I found a Poodle rescue up in the boondocks in Maine and had to drive up there and pay them to take him. That was about 12 years ago and I just found out why this year. Apparently she tried to make him do something he didn't want to and he grabbed her arm.

We have also always had cats. Right now it's 4 of em. Two Norwegian Forest cats, a 20 year old male we got from the SPCA when he was 7 and an  8 year old female we got a few years ago from there. A beautiful black cat from the SPCA too. They said he was 3 but doubled in size within 6 months and the vet thinks he was less than 6 months when we got him. He's like a pet dog. He curls up at your feet then in your lap where he chews on your fingers. We should have named him bear, he's huge. #4 is Lynx Point Siamese we saved after a tenant moved out and left her. Actually she got a boyfriend with a Doberman after we told her NO. It killed a kitten she had and this cat escaped outside and hid under my shed. It took us a couple months to coax her into the house and she went right under our bed where she has been living ever since.

Animals and children might seem like the perfect combination, but choosing to get your child a pet should never be an impulse decision. A pet is a big responsibility, as well as one that can last for many years; the puppy you buy your 6-year-old might still be around when he leaves for college. Determining when your child is ready for pet ownership depends on whether you're expecting him to actually help take care of the pet as the lion's share of pet care generally falls on parents. Having a pet can encourage responsibility and empathy at any age.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Dolphin. Dinosaur.

The saltwater fish tank would be cool. And a pet rabbit that runs around the house. We used to have one before we had kids but it died. This was one of the very few times I saw DH cry. :cry: He said no more rabbits. :(

a new cat. thinking maybe this weekend hit the shelter and see if anywarm up to me.

a Chinchilla, mainly because i like saying Chinchilla, honestly these guys are so super soft i wish i was not allergic to them and rabbits so bad. Every animal BUT the chinchilla has one hair per root, the chinchilla can have up to 50 hairs per root. super soft man.

Anybody else alarmed that he even knows this?? :umno:

I miss my old 55 gallon aquarium that the x so kindly gave away shortly after I moved out.

I'd love to have another German Shepard but I think allergy issues have ended my dog owning career.

I learned this at the Philly Petting Zoo, back in the 70's yes i am alarmed i still remember this but it's so cool (ok warm for the chinchilla)
wanna know the color of Yaks milk? (a trivia pursuit question)

:umno: yeah sure I was wondering about that.

It's pink, the yaks milk actually contains blood in it for the young yaks to increase thier proteins to deal with the harsh enviormental conditions.

Same reply as a recent thread.

A litter of Golden puppies.

If none available, then a moose.

a 55 gallon tropical freshwater tank (I have a 29 gallon right now)

If I have the money and expertise...maybe a marine aquarium

A horse or two. Preferably American Saddlebreds. And a very large dog.