I don’t like drinking water. It’s so tasteless and I drink mineral water, especially the one with various tastes of fruit juices and beer. That’s probably one of the reasons my belly is bigger every day. So, I’ve taken up running in order not to turn into Homer Simpson. I know that hydration is very important during sports activities. Tell me what I should know about it, please. Thank you.

Hey bro! I used to be the same like you! I couldn’t make myself drink even a glass of water a day. And my teeth started decaying, and my weight was out of control. And then I decided to change something. I started forcing myself to drink at least 1.5l water a day. And it worked. Now I’m not addicted to sodas and beer. You should know that water helps in weight loss a great deal. It somehow melts all that reservoirs of fat in your body. Besides, it makes you less hungry. While you’re running, bring a bottle of water and freshen up regularly. If you plan to run more than an hour, be sure to have some energy gel with you because the levels sugar in your blood can drop after that period and you need to boost it up a bit.