I want to hydrate myself properly during summer runs. I don’t drink too much water, generally speaking, and I think it can be a problem so I need some advice about how to avoid dehydrating or sickness during training. Tell me the approximate quantities of liquid I should take and since water is not my favorite drink tell me whether I can substitute with something else?

I understand you completely because I have to force myself to drink even a glass of water. I simply don’t like it. But when it’s too hot, I carry a bottle of water with me while I’m running. I think it’s better to drink plain water instead of sports drinks. Of course, that’s only my opinion and I stick to it, but some experts suggest that you should drink carbohydrate drinks in order to recuperate your body after the running. The best thing to do is drink some liquid half an hour before you start your training and after that drink approximately a cup every 15 minutes during training. Try combining water and sports drinks, and I think you’ll be fine.