Reading articles about sport and athletes can make you think that half of the work is being done by various sport drinks, supplements and (il)legal substances. I am not eager to try steroids or other illegal substances but am wandering if sport drinks are of any use. What sport drinks you use?

Legal supplements are way overrated. This is being pushed by various supplement manufacturers who, naturally, want to sell as many of their products as they can. Sport drinks can be helpful when it comes to replenishing minerals and carbs lost during the workout but don’t expect any miracles. Some substances can help you recover a little bit faster but that’s it. Still you have to do all the hard work and no magical substance can do that for you. As for the illegal substances I don’t think that they deserve any discussion here as I assume that you are normal person with some brains and common sense.