Can you tell me how much hydration is necessary during cycling? I have no idea about that, and I just drink when I’m thirsty. But I’ve noticed that after I drink a large quantity of water I feel sick and sometimes I have to stop training. I apparently do something wrong. Am I supposed to make a hydration plan or something?

It’s not necessary to make a plan, but you do have to bear in mind the fact that you don’t have to drink only when you feel thirst and then gulp a liter of water because it’s what causes that sickness of yours. Water should be taken gradually and at small amounts. For example, you can start with hydration an hour before your training. Ad when the training begins it’s good to drink a little water every 20 minutes and thus you won’t be thirsty and that sickness will be eliminated. It’s good to combine water with sport drinks and energy gels. While you’re training, you lose electrolytes and you should drink isotonic drinks in order to replenish your body.