I was looking on the label for Lawry's salt and it listed a bunch of stuff and then Natural ingredients. I have seen this on other things before, like natural flavors. Of what???? Is it just their way of trying to include something that sounds wholesome in the label?

It means if the stuff is Lemon Pepper, it has real lemon in it. Artificial flavors would mean it's chemically synthesized lemon flavor.

You know, they're ingredients found, like, in, nature n' stuff.

"Natural" is a term food companies use to make their products sound better. In reality it has no meaning other than how it's legally defined, and what the FDA allows companies to label as natural.

And "natural" things are a lot less natural than you think (I used to work in the food industry).

So there are truly only three food groups:

1. Natural.
2. Artificial.
3. SPAM.

I understand when it says artificial flavors because then they are adding something, but if they are adding Natural flavors, natural flavors of what? If it has real lemon in it then it would be on the list. They wouldn't need to add natural flavor on there. :shrug:

natural ingredients: all the stuff they couldn't get out of it during the refining process. Like in peanut butter, they can't get all of the mouse droppings cleaned out :umno:

HIJACK: Someone once told me there are three kinds of people:
1. Women
2. Men
3. Tower Record employees
now back to your regularly schedule post.

Cyanide is natural. So is arsenic. Just some thoughts. :shrug:

Remind me to never eat anything you make without having it tested first! 8O

What about her brownies with "natural ingredients" added?

:puke: Nice thought...now I can't eat my PB&J sandwich for lunch....thanks keltic.

don't read this then

I was just eating a Peanut Butter Protein bar!

Of course I had to look at it......