Hey guys.

I am so happy because I got this lovely present for my Boo from my aunt from Australia :)

She never visited us, but she saw Boo on the skype and she told me that she is in love with him. She sent me this big, no big – HUGE package from Australia and it was for Boo :) Nothing for me, my boyfriend or my cat Hope lol :)

My Boo got amazing toys, chewing toys, necklaces and food.

Also she sent him Pedigree denta stix.  I didn’t use it – never but I think that I will :)

Can you tell me what are the main ingredients of pedigree denta stix?

Tnx a lot .

I am so excited :)

Hey DS991,

It's dentastix, one word. :) 

I'll tell you more about the bad sides of its ingredients. 

First of all, you have rice flour, which causes bowel distress and can lead to diabetes in dogs. Then, you have wheat starch, which causes allergies. Glycerin sweetens food and interferes with nutrient assimilation. Calcium carbonate is actually a good ingredient here. Cellulose powder is suspected to include recycled cardboard. Salt is a big minus here: it is used to cover up rancid meat and fat, can cause kidney and heart diseases.

After I did some research about these dentastix before, I'm no longer giving them to my dog.

Hey guys,

Wow Mia, I never knew about that. I searched the web after I read your post and it appears that you are right. I've decided not to give these to my dogs anymore, too.

There are a lot of ingredients in this thing and I don't think that it makes any difference if I write them here. Mia already wrote some of them, I'll add that there is Gelatin in dentastix, Natural Poultry Flavor, Potassium Chloride and a lot of vitamins.

I don't suggest tossing away all the dentastix that you got, but I wouldn't advise you to give them to your dog for his own health.

Hello. Mia is totally right. I can tell that I am pretty much experienced dog owner and I think that I have total right to tell you that I am against Pedigree dentastix. Always! Rice flour is one of the main ingredient in dentastix like Mia told you and it is not classic rice flour. It is one very cheap filter that is the main causes of bowel distress and it can lead to diabetes in your dog. One of the ingredients is natural poultry flavor as well and it is also very low in quality. I am sure that this only can damage your dog’s teeth.

Hey.

No, no and no! Don’t give your dog dentastix, please. Those are not treats, those are destroyers of your dog teeth. You should read the label because you have a lot of them.

I am sure that you will understand it.

Guys told you about main ingredients and I will give you one more advice.

If you decide to give this to your dog, only give one per day. Be sure that dentastix treat is the right size for your dog.

Give your dog plenty of water. But always remember that ingredients could be much, much better.

Have a nice day!

Hey guys,

It's true that it has a lot of bad ingredients but people still continue to use them and that kind of freaks me out. I'm guessing that, those who know how bad they are, they keep giving them to their dogs because they love them. That's not a good reason for it.

Why one a day? Make it one in every two or three days. Make the distance bigger until your dog doesn't forget them completely, in case he loves them.

I research about everything that I want to treat my dog with. You should do the same, you'll avoid a lot of possible problems.

Hey everyone,

It's kind of a wrong type of present. I'm sure that she didn't mean anything wrong, she just doesn't know a lot about treats for dogs. I'm suggesting that you don't mention her that these Stix are bad and just say thanks.

I used to give these stix to my dog on daily basis until a friend of mine told me what all of these guys just told you. I instantly stopped giving them to my dog but I guess that Mima's solution for this matter is even better. 

If your dog likes this stuff, try to find something else, something similar.

Haha, yes, Dalmatian Lover, it's kind of funny actually. Someone gifting you something that is actually bad for you. No offense DS991, I don't think that your aunt meant anything bad. :)
Aren't bones better than these Stix? I'm always giving bones to my dogs. They are healthy and good for their teeth. No need for any other products.
The ingredients in these Stix are just not right. The rice flour that is in it can cause bowel distress and can lead to diabetes which, I’m just guessing, you don’t want to happen.
Don’t make a mistake and give those Stix to someone else if you decide not to give them to your dog, just toss them away. :)

Hey everyone. I also believe that she didn’t mean anything wrong with this present :) Maybe she had a lot of dentastix from her dogs and maybe they were bad for them lol :)

I am joking of course :)

The main point is that you should not give them to your Boo because as far as I know Boo is very healthy dog and there is no need for dentastix, right?

Ingredients are really bad as far as you could read.

I would never give it to my dog because I think that this is just another junk in the pet industry :)

In an effort to improve Cha Cha's breath, I gave my 15 yr old diabetic Jack Russel 3 Pedigree Dentastix one day and that night her urine was very thick and profuse. That is an alert that her blood sugar was elevated. Dangerous! Returning it back to Amazon and btw.... I could not see the ingredients on the Amazon site.