hi there. so, after my third pregnancy, I have noticed that my hair is really rare and dry. it keeps falling off and I am scared that I might lose it. I mean, it is not like I am hairless but I am scared that in one stadium of my life I will be. I know that biotin can help me, but I don't want to take any capsules, etc. I want to try it naturally. maybe some foods that contain a biotin can help me? I am eating healthy so maybe I am already eating some groceries that do contain this. so, do you know what they are? 

Hi there. So, you have decided to eat foods instead of using some supplements? That is a good job if you ask me because I am always for that. Here is the list of the foods that you can eat and that contain a biotin.

• eggs - you can find biotin in the yolks.
  • cheese.
  • mushrooms.
  • cauliflowers.
  • spinach.
  • sweet potato.
  • almonds.

Sure, you can use some biotin powders, because people are using it very often, you can smooth it, make some smoothie with some fruits or vegetables. I mean, perfect combination would be a smoothie with biotin powder and spinach, right? But try those groceries first. 

I agree. Since biotin for hair growth is really good, you should seek for it in some of the groceries. I disagree when people are saying that you should use more supplements because there are not enough foods that contain biotin. Well, that is a lie. This list is great, but beside these foods, peanuts, wheat bran, salmon, low - fat cheese and even the avocados have a lot of biotins. Don't wanna mention bananas, oats and even the beer.  So, as you can see, you have a really huge specter of the groceries that you can use and see some hair improvements. Good luck. 

Yeah, choosing foods that contain biotin is really a good option. I mean, maybe it takes more time than using a biotin in their supplement form, but it is healthier, for sure. So, I would choose eggs - always and forever. I think that this is the best option since they are full of biotin, a B vitamin that misses you and a vitamin that actually promotes hair growth and overall scalp health as you already know. A deficiency can cause brittle hair. Sure, you can eat all of the other foods, but eggs should be one of the first options, for every segment of your health. 

Hello there. I have a question to ask? What about magnesium? I have heard and I do know that generally, magnesium is good for everything, so I am wondering can it be good in helping solve this problem? For example, bananas, spinach? My mom is 67 years old and she started to lose her hair and I think that she can't deal with it. Sure,she doesn't want to use any supplements, she wants to try to fix something on her own way. She always had a good hair and I think that this is why she is being depressed lately. I am trying to tell her that this is because of her ages, but she won't accept it. So, we are trying to find the best possible option. So, is magnesium a good option?

Celebrity

Good day there.

Yes, this condition when you are starting to lose your hair can be pretty depressive, so I do understand your mom. I mean, it doesn't matter how old she is, it is always a problem for the female population. First, I want to know was she using anything before, any supplement, did she ever had some issues with her hair? Because, if this is something that happens, goes away and returns, you need to find some other cause and cure for it. Because magnesium can help, but it can't make her hair to grow again. You should know that. 

Hello Mrs Happy Owl.
Thank you for such a quick replay. No, she never had this issue, until now, I mean, she started to lose her hair rapidly about two months ago. She was under some stress during that time and her hair just started to fell off and it happened over and over again. Now, because of this problem, she is more stressed. No, she never used any type of therapy or any type of supplements, etc. She is trying to "fix" this issue alone, by some home therapy, such are foods, but I am telling her that this is not a solution and that she should visit someone who can give her a opinion that she needs.

Celebrity

I see. Well, I also agree that she needs to find a cause, but I do believe that this stress is one of the main reasons why this happened. Sure, she can try to eat more foods that contain magnesium. Generally, calcium and magnesium are good for your hair. To cut long story short, magnesium is responsible for helping your body absorb and use other nutrients, just like calcium, and in that case, spraying magnesium right onto your scalp can help with all of these conditions. I was reading this, so it is not just about foods that you are eating. There is much more. Good luck to you and your mom!