Good day everyone. I was hoping that you can help me. I am having some frequent changes in the urine's color. Sometimes my urine is orange, then blue, and after that everything is normal.

This just happens within a couple of days, so I didn't visit my doctor about this. To be honest with you, I have never consulted him about this. Maybe that is a mistake?

My friends told me that I probably have problems with my kidneys. I really want to know are kidney problems the only reason for changes in the urine's color?

Can it be something else?

Tnx! 

Hi elephants in the bowl,

You are scaring me, why would you want to put elephants in the bowl? Unless that's some sort of a decoration but still, it sounds weird... I like it.

Not really, kidney problems are just one of the things which can cause abnormal urine color. Other things which could cause this are urinary tract infections, and then you have some foods which can cause the change in your urine color and some medications as well. You don't need to see your doctor if this change in your urine color happened only once and never after that.

Hi everyone,

Look at it this way, at least this is how I look at it: if you see that your urine color has changed and if you only notice it once, then it is very likely that your urine color was changed by some foods that you ate. Other than that, thepleasureismine mentioned medications as well, you can find out about these on the internet because these medications that can change your urine color are specific, not all of medications can change your urine color.  If you are having frequent changes in your urine color, I think that you want to talk to your doctor.

I think that your urine color can change due to some cold or flu as well. If you have been drinking a lot of alcohol lately, maybe some alcoholic drinks that are not so common, it could be that these drinks also caused your urine color to change. These are just some additions to what others told you already above me.

If it is true what you said about the frequent change of your urine color, I think that something serious is going on with you and I think that you should definitely talk to your doctor and as soon as you can.

Hey elephant, I have actually been searching for a cause of my orange urine and I've come across this article that actually helped me out a lot: https://ic.steadyhealth.com/urine-color-and-what-it-means. Regarding the fact that you are asking for other causes of changes in your urine's color other than kidney problems, I think that you are going to find this article very useful.  I am actually glad that I found out that orange urine can be caused by eating a lot of carrots (which I actually do and very often) otherwise I would be worried sick because I would think that there was something wrong with me.

No, not at all. There are so many different issues that can cause your urine color to be different. Many things can affect your urine color to be changed. Sometimes, it is nothing dangerous and that is why a lot of us don't want to pay attention to it. But sometimes it can be serious and this depends on your urine color. I had orange urine for almost one month. It was silly because I believed that this is because I was eating too many tangerines occasionally. When I saw that this won't go away, I went to see my doctor. In my case, I was dealing with dehydration. That was the main reason - my urine was not getting enough water. That was not a huge problem, but it can be so you should definitely visit your doctor whenever you can.

I think that orange urine is very common in people and now I am sure in that since I saw so many posts about orange urine. Whatever difference you notice that lasts more than 5 to 7 days, you should go to see your doctor. It can be harmless but it also can be serious. For example, red urine could be caused by eating large amounts of beets or berries. And if that is the reason, that is OK. It will be over soon. But it could also be something more serious. Blood in the urine, for example, can be caused by cysts, urinary tract infections, tumors, and even by long distance running. It can cause a lot of harm for you.

You need to find cause and not to guess.