Hello! Is there anyone with 10k run experience? Last year I was running 5k run and I was ok with it I had almost 2 months preparations but in the meantime I have gained some weight and in three months from now I am suppose to have my first 10k run. So I wonder are the 10k run preparations the same as for 5k runs or there are some differences?

Well there are some differences especially if you have gained some weigh so you will need to start from the beginning-first eliminate extra fat by starting training write away and watch out your meals. You have only 3 months ahead so it is time to get up and start with regular running training. And if you ask me I think that 10k run is much easier than one of 5k simply for you don't have to be that fast-you actually run more slowly on 10k run. And as for the preparations it is basically the same-cardio and muscle strengthen training are the must as well as the proper diet and frequent running not every day but I don't think you should escape running every day-you need to have frequent rest of course but some light jogging on daily bases has helped me a lot to get ready for 10k run.