What kind of effects will giving birth have on my heart? I have tried to get the problem fixed but the WPW is located in the center of my heart and there is no way to fix it without having open heart surgery. I have "episodes" of rapid heartrate (over 200 bpm) and am able to control it with a cough and grunt while laying down. I require no medication and I have not had and "episode" in over a year. They do not happen very often but I am concerned about giving birth to my child and the strain it will have on my heart. Please give me any relivent information. Thank you, Amy

personally i'm not sure, though it does sound a bit worrysome make sure that you inform the midwife or doctors when it comes time to give birth.
through what ever hospital your are going to you can ask to see a social worker whom should be able to assist you in finding relivant information.