Thought of that yesterday on my run...

I instantly thought of the first time I ran for an hour. It was on my typical running trail...the weather sunshiney and pleasant...

It was a huge milestone for me (when I first started running, I got stuck in a strange '20-minute run' phase for a long time).

How about you?

I can only pick one?

That's tough, I've had a number of great ones.

I'll have to go with marathon #1. It was such a rush, and it was my PR. So, until I break that son of a....., I'm going with it.

Since I'm a new-bie it would have to be my first 5k. I couldn't run fifty feet (literally) when I started after a whole lifetime of telling myself I had asthma. Then I got over thinking like that and I haven't wheezed since!

Mine is the story of my worst run EVAH! It was a race last Memorial Day. I had just had this monumental event happen, and even though I was not emotional about it, the change associated with it sort of up-ended everything. Anyhoo, it was a REALLY hilly race, I was undertrained, not eating well because of all the stress of the few weeks prior, dehydrated... I. thought. I. would. die. The only reason I kept running is because if I stopped I would have had a nervous breakdown right there in the middle of the race. IT SUCKED POND s**m. But, whenever I am having a bad run, I think, well, it's not as bad as that run. So I keep going. :fubby:

Finishing my one and only half marathon two years ago and doing much better than I anticipated.

I would have to say the Kewaskum Kettle 20K last July. The weather was perfect, no bugs, ran the first half with my brother, and the surroundings and hills were wonderful. And, it was the first time I had met some of the mafia contingent.

getting up at 3:00 am on a thursday morning before work last july to run a 20 miler...i had to push it off the weekend because CB and i were going out of town for the Bix 7 miler (uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill) on the weekend...we live out in the country, so it is very dark, this doesn't bother so much in the evening but running in the dark in the morning with no one around kind of freaks me out...anyway, i finished the 20 miler went to work...left town for the Bix on friday and proceeded to PR the race on saturday...(followed by many beverages with good friends and good music saturday evening)...ahh...can't wait to do it again this year....

---
megawill