Hello guys

I have very good experiences with this site as I received a lot of useful information by people here. So I decided to post another question. One cousin of mine is very interested in Ideal protein diet and he will start following it very soon. She asked me if I know what she should eat and what foods she needs to avoid while following the diet. I didn’t know to answer so I made some researches. I found that there are 4 phases in this diet and that different kinds of food are allowed for each phase.

Can someone explain me what foods are allowed by phases in this diet?

Hi all

I don’t know about all the phases but I can tell you what food you should eat while in the first phase. As you may know, this phase is the hardest and the most restrictive. Many people quitted after a few days because they couldn’t keep up with the program. The first phase is very low calorie, low carb and low fat.  It includes three Ideal protein packets (the company provides them) and one “restricted” meal (that’s a meal you would eat if you weren’t on the diet). Remember that you can eat the restricted meal whenever you want (for breakfast, lunch or dinner).

Hello. I highly recommend this diet if you want to lose pounds fast. But if you decide to start with it you must be disciplined and committed to it. And remember not to cheat. I mean, you are just wasting your money and time if you cheat.

I also want to add something about the first phase of the program. You are supposed to be on it until you reach 80-90 % of your goal. (The weight you want to lose). The first three days are the hardest for everyone.

The packages Aristotle40 mentioned are powdered soups, shakes, and small portions of chili, spaghetti and hearty stew that you should prepare with water. You can also eat a protein bar instead of some packages but just once a day.

The second phase lasts for about a week or two. This phase is similar to the first one because the ketosis continues and the carbohydrates are also forbidden. I will write what you should eat by periods of the day.

-          For breakfast eat one package of protein and coffee or tea.

-          For lunch eat raw or cooked vegetables, lean meat or lean fish and 2 tablespoons of oil.

-          For after lunch snack eat one package of protein

-          For dinner eat exactly the same foods as you ate for the lunch.

You can have one dairy product daily. That could be yogurt or cheese.

Thank you all. I didn’t know any of these things you wrote. I think my cousin will keep up with the program because she has a lot of willpower and she is so self-disciplined. I can’t wait to see her losing her belly fat. :)

You guys wrote about what she should eat in the first two phases and thank you again, but do you know about the other two? If anybody knows, please share. I need this information so I could inform her about the whole diet program and all of the stages. I hope that the other two phases aren’t as restrictive as the first ones.

I’ve found something about the third phase of Ideal protein program in some old notebook of mine. This phase is different from the first two. In this phase carbs aren’t forbidden and you can eat them sometimes. I will tell you what exactly you can eat by periods of the day as Sam_I_am did for the phase two.

-For breakfast: unsweetened cereal or muesli. You can also eat a cottage cheese and drink a freshly squeezed fruit juice.

-For lunch eat lean meat or fish. You can use one tablespoon of oil and you can drink a yogurt.

-For dinner: Green vegetables, lean meat or fish. You can also eat some cheese and drink a yogurt.

4th phase of Ideal protein diet:

For breakfast eat some fruits and a dairy product. You can also eat an egg and a slice or two of ham. Another option is an unsweetened cereal or muesli. Drink coffee or tea with the breakfast.

For the lunch eat raw vegetables. Eat them as much as you can. You can eat some lean meat or fish with them and use a little oil. Also eat one piece of cheese and one serving of yogurt.

As a late afternoon snack you can eat a fruit or a protein packet or bar.

For the dinner eat as many vegetables as you want. You can eat them in a soup, raw or steamed.