Hello, folks. I have been a great fan of soy sauce. However, I have recently started using tamari. I can use it every day. However, I am beginning to wonder if this is clever. Can anyone give me some more info? I would appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. For those who don’t know, tamari is made from more soybeans than regular soy sauce. It is dark brown. It is also thicker than regular soy sauce. One of the dangers that can occur is allergy. Of course, any kind of food can bring allergy. However, some studies have shown that this can occur more often with tamari. You should be careful, especially if you have allergies predisposition. You can consult with an expert. Good luck!

Hi, there. I have also heard about tamari. You should also be careful if you have problems with your thyroid gland. Tamari contains goitrogens. Those are natural substances that interfere with normal functioning of thyroid gland. They can be deactivated by cooking. However, it is not known in which percent they are inactivated. I hope you’ll be careful. Was this helpful? Bye!