Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if tart cherry supplements contain pectin? I was taking them for a while, and it seem to increase my fasciculations (muscle twitching), yet a lot of foods and chemicals trigger my neurological condition off. Recently I began to experience severe sciatica; I have spondylolisthesis.  I use to take tart cherry supplements in capsule form for my rheumatoid arthritis, and I must say, it did help with my pain greatly! I am so sensitive to even the inactive ingredients in pain medications, it is rare for me to find any medication I can take for pain save Neurontin. I wonder if the processing of tart cherries in capsule form may remove pectin in it? My biggest problem is isolating causes when I take the supplement, because I react to dyes, sodium bicarbonate, phosphates, titanium dioxide (its even in Neurontin) pectin and nightshade vegetables. Yet I can take vitamin C tablets ok (unless rose hips is in it). Sigh:-), I can go on on--its hard to find anything I can eat anymore and to get help for my medical conditions. Any input is appreciated!:-D

I have Celiac Disease, which means a lifetime on a gluten free diet and sometimes with my medications I have to or the pharmacy has to contact the company that produces that type of medication if it doesn't say "gluten free".  So you may need to contact the manufacturer to see what their ingredients are.  Hope this helps and I know how frustrating this can be

I am sorry to hear you have Celiac's disease--I wonder about myself regarding it. My plan is too seek an allergist help soon and get tested. I just recently began looking into compounding pharmacies, only problem is of course the cost! I will follow up your advice and contact the supplement company to get more information. Thank you for responding!!

No problems at all. Just to let you know about testing for Celiac is a simple blood test that your doctor can order, it's called a TtG blood test. Good luck