Hi people. So, I have a cat as a pet since – forever :) I never had a dog before. But, yesterday, while I was walking from my job to the café in the town, I saw one pet shelter. I had like 20 minutes until coffee with my friend, and I’ve decide to go there. I just can’t describe you that feeling. I saw one small dog, and he was so happy when he saw me. So, I have decide to adopt him, since I have a huge backyard. Since I don’t know so much about the dogs, I really hope that you can tell me what brand of raw dog food would you recommend? 

Having a dog is one great and amazing experience, you will see very soon. Fist, off the topic, I know that he was in shelter, but I really hope that you will take him to the vet, very soon. On the topic, let’s talk about the food. You should try Northwest Natural product line, that includes six frozen raw dog foods.  Those food are for all life stages. You have Northwest naturals lamb, turkey, chicken, beef, bison and chicken. Those food are pretty good until you don’t learn what is the best food for your dog. Once you learn this, you should feed your dog with homemade raw foods :)

Hey. That is so nice! You should definitely try Big Dog. This is a brand that has developed a lot of different products for everyone. There range from BARF are really healthy, and you should consider to buy this one to make your dog happy. My other choice is Instinct. They are pretty much the same, but Nature’s Variety, that provides Instinct, is dedicated to provide healthy holistic and raw foods for every dog. You want the best for your dog, right? Well, I believe that this will be just fine for him :) This is my choice, but I would like to hear some other choices as well :)

Have you ever tried Stella and Chewy’s Freeze Dried food? I did and it seems to me that my dog loves it the most.

He is actually not fond of eating like many dogs are. When he was just a puppy I had to force him to eat cause he was so small and tiny, I thought that if he loses any weight he won’t make it to survive.

But now when he is grown, he is even a bit fat. I don’t know why because he really doesn’t eat much.

My advice for you is to try this food. I think that almost every dog loves it.

@Dalmatian_lover

Stella and Chewy’s Freeze Dried food? Really? My dog hates it.

I never bought it for him, but I remember back when I was dating this guy who had a rottweiler , he used to bring my dog  all kinds of food. Whenever he tried giving him Stella and Chewy’s , my dog refused even to smell it. The guy desperately wanted my dog to like him. That never worked out for him, my dog always hated him. I should’ve known that there was something wrong with him. 

Anyway, if you’re asking me for an advice. Try Primal Freeze Dried Formula. 

Hello.

You haven’t told us how old your new friend is. I suppose he’s under six months, so here’s what I gave to my corgi when he was 3-6 months old: Orijen Puppy.

He was delighted with this food, even though pieces were too large for him and I needed to slice them. Of course, my corgi is small-breed dog so this maybe will not be a problem for your puppy, but you never know.

And I agree with the first reply, you need to get him to vet to check if he got all the vaccines he needed and what is his health condition.

Today I went to buy food for my dog, but in the pet shop and in the market there was no ordinary food that I usually buy to my dog. The girl from the market told me to try Bravo balance raw diet chicken dinner for dogs. I think that there are three tastes of this food, but since this is something that I haven’t try still, I don’t know is it ok.

Do you have any experience with this brand of raw dog food? If you do, can you tell me more?

I would like to know is it ok to feed my dog with this?

Tnx!

@Mia  maybe the problem was the guy and not the food. :) I am not joking, it is possible. Sometimes dogs refuse to eat food given to them by a person they don’t like.I remember when my dog was a puppy (he was 3 or 4 months old) he always refused to eat anything that my dad would give him.My dad doesn’t live with us, he comes to visit once in 2 or 3 weeks. I don’t know if that was the reason, but my dog never liked him.  

I remember once he gave him his favorite treat, and he refused it. Then I took it in my hand and give it to him and he ate it.

Hello.

Whatever brand you choose, I think that it would be a better idea to make homemade raw food if you have some time to spare. You can mix it with food you bought in supermarket or pet store and make delicious meals for your dog.

The kitchen is the right place to express your inner self and have little privacy, far away from crazy modern world. It is my safe haven which gives me enough time for thinking while experimenting with foods for my happy little herd. And I’m pretty sure they enjoy in my creations. I’m not too modest, I admit. :)