Hi everyone. My good friend is now on a Thrive diet since she had some problems with her weight lately. We have this tradition of going out to dinner together after work. We usually eat at this restaurant near her house where they serve excellent beefsteak. Now she can’t find anything she can eat in their menu so she doesn’t want to go there anymore. Since we don’t want to stop our tradition we agreed that we will eat home, one day at her house and the next at mine. My first turn to cook is tomorrow so if you have any suggestions or any tasty recipes for Thrive diet, please share.

Hi Aristotle40

I must tell you that your friend is very lucky. Not everybody is as supportive as you.

I have one idea for you, I don’t know if you’ll like it. It is the recipe for raw veggie burgers.

Take these ingredients and put them all together in a food processor:

You will need 2 cloves of garlic and 1 cup of raw almonds (you can soak them to improve their nutrition) You will also need 1 and a half cup of ground flaxseed.  Also add 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 table spoons of coconut oil. When you are done adding all of this stuff blend it. At the end, add sea salt to taste. Form the mass into two patties and enjoy.

Hi Aristotle40
You really are a lovely friend. When I’m on a diet my friends are not at all supportive as you.

As for the recipes I have one my mother used to make when she was on a thrive diet. It goes like this:

You take juice of one lime, one tablespoon of hemp protein, one banana, half of jalapeno, 1/5 cup of water, one peeled mango, and one cup of ice. Put all of that in a blender. Also add one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds, one tablespoon of agave nectar and finally add one tablespoon of hemp oil.

Mix it in a blender and you got yourself a Mango Lime Hot Pepper Smoothie.

Here is another one. This recipe is so special, I love it. This mix of flavors is absolutely amazing.  I found it in my old book of recipes  which I wrote when I was planning to start with Thrive diet.

This is a smoothie and it is so refreshing. Here's what you need to do:

Cut the melon into small pieces and then peel it and seed it. Then put it in the blender and add 3 cups of cold water with lime juice, a few lime leaves and a pinch of salt. Blend it nicely.  Then add to this 1 cup of agave nectar, 6 small cucumbers and blend it for about 3 minutes until smooth. Chill it in the refrigerator for one hour and your refreshing smoothie is ready.

Cheers. :)

The lime just gives it that required punch. Wow the agave sure does sweeten things up

This smoothie sounds very refreshing, I’d love to try it.

I have this sandwich recipe and it’s my favorite dinner. It’s crunchy and tasty and the most important thing-  it’s healthy too. I think you’ll love it. It is easy to prepare, you just need to find plant-based bacon and  whole grain gluten free bread in some supermarket. Those are essential ingredients for this sandwich.

Fry bacon in a small pan until desired crispness. Meanwhile, pop the bread in the toaster. When the bread is done spread it  with plant-based mayo and layer slices of tomatoes, non-dairy cheese and lettuce. Now put plant-based bacon and finish with other piece of toast.  

This is my recommendation for the desert. It’s an apple cinnamon smoothie. This is one of the best combinations of flavors ever. It tastes like liquid apple pie.

Prepare one apple (cored and chopped), 2 table spoons of almond butter, one quarter of nutmeg, half spoon of cinnamon, one cup of ice, one cup of non-dairy milk (such as coconut,  almond or rice). Put all this ingredients in a blender.  Now blend this on high speed nicely. Put this smoothie in refrigerator for about one hour.

Serve in cold glasses. You can be creative and put in every glass one pinch of cinnamon, or you can slice apple and put one slice in every glass or on the edge of glass. Enjoy.

One major consideration. Smoothies do contain loads of calories and it can up quite a few fruits to make a glass. Sugar.....