Hey good friends. This happens first time for me and my Boo. I know that lately this is very common but now, when it happens to me, I don’t know what to do.

Yesterday when I woke up I noticed that my Boo can’t walk like he used to.

I checked his paws immediately and I saw that his left paw is swollen.

I am not sure how he could hurt it because he was OK last night. He was sleeping and when he woke up I saw this.

I don’t know what could happen so can you tell me what to do if your dog has a swollen paw?

Hello. Did you checked his paw totally? Are you sure that nothing is there in his paw? Look, there are so many vide tutorials that can help you deal with this problem. It is not that hard at all but if you are not sure what to do, let someone who is an expert to check it. I have a few tips for you and I hope that they can be really helpful. It is usually painful but still it depends is this paw infected and in what stage of infection is. Sometimes medications are necessary to heal swollen paw in dog and that is why you need to consult your vet.

Hey there.

I seems to me that you lately have problems with your both pets – dog and cat. I am sure that everything is going to be OK with them.

What could happened to Boo? Definitely that can be the cause.  I think that you are going to need other person to help you because dogs sometimes refuse help. You need to understand them, they are in pain.

Look his wound carefully.  There are a number of treatments that you may try, but it depends on injury. For smaller injuries you should try to clean the visible wound with warm water and hydrogen peroxide. On the wound apply something such as Polysporin or maybe Aloe Vera.

You can also use warm water and Epsom salts.

Well, first of all you need to find out the reason why the paw got swollen in the first place. There are so many reasons that could have caused this and every cause requires different treatment.

Why don’t you take him to the vet and see if he can figure out what happened?

I’ve never had a situation like this with my dog (luckily) , but I know a lot of people who did. Just don’t leave this aside and then react when it’s too late, take it seriously. It can be some serious infection or something. Take him to the vet.

I agree with Dalmatian _lover. You need to figure out the cause.

I remember when  my dog got stuck by a bee. We were at the mountain for the holidays and he was with me the whole time.

Suddenly he disappeared from my sight. He was gone for only a couple of minutes and he came back with his paw injured.

I went to see where he was (I thought he had found broken glass somewhere) but then I saw a slice of watermelon and lots of bees on it. That’s when I realized he got stuck by a bee.

His paw started swelling in no time. I took him to the vet immediately and everything was fine.

DS991, take him to the vet. You can’t do anything unless you find the cause. It can be many things. It can be a foreign object stuck between the dog’s toes. Check his paw, examine it closely, search for any unusual objects. Clean it well. This could be causing the infection and major infections cause swollenness.If you think that an injury might have caused it, take him to the vet as soon as possible, just to make sure that there are no broken bones or something like that. In this situation the vet will scan the paw and tell you the situation.

Hey there. I think that this is very common situation in dogs. Whenever I am at my vet’s office I can see a lot of pet owners with their dogs who have swollen paw.

Generally, this could cause anything.

Now everything is in your hands. You need to reacts soon and first step is to clean this wound. Very carefully because you need to know that your dog is probably in pain. If there is something like glass or some plastic object, you need to find the best way to remove it.

It is not easy if you don’t have an experience but it is not a big deal at all.

When you do this than take him to the vet. I am sure that he is going to give some meds to prevent some infection.

Hey.
First what you need to do is to reduce swelling.
This is very common problem in dogs. But you need to know that because of this condition your four – legged friend is in pain.
You should check the paw for foreign object caught between toes and pads. If you can’t see anything there check his whole leg.
You should soak the paw in an Epsom salt solution. It is a benefit and it is helpful.
And here is what and how you are going to do this. Ten to fifteen minutes in hot water with Epsom salt will clean the wound and it is also excellent solution for swelling.