I'm just wondering what type of bleeding would be normal. Like I know you can't have your actual period of course. 

Just asking because I think there might be a chance I'm about 16 weeks pregnant but I haven't took a test because I've had bleeding but not normal bleeding I have during my period. I'm going to the doctor soon so I will know at that time. I was going to test but then got the "bleeding".

If anyone is wondering the bleeding I'm getting is way lighter than normal. It's only occured twice, once in May, and once in June. In May it did last about 4 days but was A LOT lighter than normal. Plus it wasn't red(except for the beginning but that was not a lot at all. It was light brown. I know brown of any kind is old blood. In June it was only 1 day and not even the whole day, only like 6 hours(not continously though) and it too was the light brown. I noticed light brown 2 days later when wiping. 

No severe pain, mild cramping and mostly only in May. Like 1-2 on pain scale and honestly I think it was due to being a little constipated rather than menstrual cramping. 

Looking back the bleeding would have occured about 5 weeks & 4 days the first time and a little after 10 weeks & 3 days the 2nd time. 

Hi Shorty,

It can vary.  You might not bleed at all.  In some cases it can appear as a period but usually it is shorter and not as "chunky."  Sometimes it is just spotting.

Take the home test.  You'll know right away.  At 16 weeks it should read accurately but you should use your first morning urine for the best accuracy.

Good luck.

Well it's definitely not "chunky" or hasn't been, at least not the last 2. I have gotten a few blood clots if that's what you mean by chunky but not since my last "normal period".

I actually will see my obgyn Thursday though so I am thinking maybe I will wait until my appointment b/c I'm pretty sure they are already going to check me out b/c of my periods recently being irregular. Plus I figured if I am, I'd have to wait anyways to confirm by blood. I have good insurance too which I know prenatals are important but with my insurance any prescriptions are free to $5 max. Right now I take one-a-day women's vitamins which on some site some other women said they took those since they have folic acid in them, and was getting more folic acid in foods they ate.

Bleeding during the pregnancy is the normal espcially during the first trimester. About 20% women have bellding in th first. Implantation bleeding is the normal one. In this you may experience normal spotting within the first six to twelve days after you conceive.