Im 15, and i wanna loose a few pounds. Whats the best exercise?

hey froot loop,

if you can, i would suggest using your local gym 2 or 3 times a week. there will be someone there who knows all about fitness and can help give you a routine to follow.

if that's not what you're looking for, i would suggest running as an exercise. its a good all-over body workout, and best of all, you can do it anywhere! on a treadmill, outside, a sports track would do well, too. start with just 10 minutes a day, then 15, then 20, gradually up to about 40 minutes per session(it only takes about a month or two to get the time in that your body can handle)

remember, speed is not key. the amount of time your body is in "active" mode, is what determines how long and how much your metabolism will burn extra every day. weight training is good, such as lifting weights. remember to keep your back straight when you lift. weight exercises can be found online. alternate different kinds of situps (also found online) for something else, too. they're not as essential as running or walking (which i'll get to), so if you don't want to, just stick with your 30 minutes.

if you don't like running, 30 minutes of walking/hiking every day would do awesomly, and you can fit it in whenever; walking to school, work, for errands, to friends' houses, etc.

remember, exercising is good for you, but don't forget to eat properly, too! those two elements combined is the #1 way to lose weight in the long term and keep it off. it's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix only to fall back on.

the best of luck to you! let me know how you're doing, or if you just need someone to talk to. ********* talk soon =)

erin taylor

**edited by moderator**

Well, I play DDR (dance dance revolution) and it tells me the amount of calories I burn each day. How many show I aim for each day though? I do run on the tredmil, but I wasnt sure for how long.

I weight 125, and id like to just have a flat stomach like most girls.

I think you ment to do 1h worth of exercise a day im working my way up im using the tramperleane and a exercise bike.

Perform cardio vascular exercises, such as rope skipping(one of the best,
most boxers use 'em. ; ) ), running, biking, various kinds of sports,
basically anything that increase your heart rate.

From,
Chris.

I think yoga is helpful too. Many of the techniques helps burn calories and help energize parts of your body like this one move, it's like a bicycle. You lay on the floor, back on the floor, and your feet is in the air like you're on a bicycle and that is supposed to help your digestive system. You'd be surprised by how much yoga can help ;-) good luck froot loop

i am quite skinny but i wanna l;ose mi little flabby bit on mi belly ow can i lose it

i always fort not eatin is da best suggestion but i guess it ant

:D

rrite bck ly x x

im 13 and i've also been wondering the same thing and from everything i've learned about it just simply walking/jogging for about 10 minutes or more a day or doing crunches to flatten your stomach usually helps i try and do the exercise at least once a day and so far its been kinda working just whatever u do dont go out and by weight loss programs cause most of them dont work and u'd have to put alot of effort and work into them so don't even bother.

hi, similar sort of thing, im 14. i don't have much of a problem with my image, but i need to increase my fitness levels pretty quickly. any suggestions? i would really appreciate it.

does anyone know what the general age restrictions/requirements are for gyms?

thanx. :-D