I have certain heart problem and my doctor recommended me cardio exercise. My friend who has the similar problem showed me what kind of exercises I should do and he told me I don’t need to do more then one hour per day. Is 40 minutes daily enough for cardio exercise?

I think that it is quite enough. I read somewhere that thirty-minute workouts every day are good for cardiovascular health. Also you should know that every exercise program should include warm-up and cool-down exercises. And be careful, don’t do too much or too heavy exercises. That may do you harm.

Hallo Gram,
Knowing that there are many cardio exercises that you can choose for many 40 minute of exercise is enough, but for some you might need more or even less time to accomplish your goal.
For instance running and swimming is not the same, and it involves different types of muscles when you perform them. For me personally swimming is much easier, and 40 minutes is really enough. But on the other hand, when I ran I get really tired after 30 minutes and I am definitely done for the day with running. Bicycle is a different story, I can ride my bicycle for two or three hours, and I really enjoy it. What cardio are you doing?