Hi, I'm 14 years old, I'm 5"2 and I weigh 161lbs. Around two years ago, I was diagnosed with clinical depression and anxiety, due to that you can basically say I drowned myself into food and gained a lot of weight because of it, though I won't blame it completely on my depression. Now, my self-esteem is at an all time low and it does not help my depression at all. I want to lose 40lbs and have tried different diets like a low calorie diet, which was 1200 calories and I would do tough exercises at my competitive cheerleading gym (believe me it was hard) about 4 times a week for 1 hour to 2 hours. That didn't work, so then I tried the Atkins diet with 20 minutes on the treadmill about twice a week. I lost 2lbs I believe the first week, and then I didn't lose anything. After that, I tried going on jenny craig, 1500 calories and 45 minutes on the treadmill every weekday, but I am only losing 4lbs a month, so 1lb a week. This is a problem since A. I cannot stick to things long term (like more than 4 to 5 months, this will take 10 months) and B. I will not lose the weight by high school. 

Keep in mind though that now I am home schooled, and other than the exercise I have been doing (45 minutes walking every weekday), you can basically say, I sit all day on the couch. I prefer not to do any exercise at all, but I am aware that to lose it the healthy way, and quick, it is needed. But honestly I have never really been thin and I am completely ok with an unhealthy way. 

Thank you in advanced!

change your everyday diet.

Eat 3 meals a day. If you get snack cravings, drink water. DO NOT EAT UNTIL YOU ARE FULL.

No soda. Water.

No sugary snacks, eat fruit.

Make those 3 meals healthy, eat vegetables and salads. 

Since you're homeschooled, I see how it's a challenge not to eat. But try not to. You have to set yourself up for this diet, don't just say "I want to lose weight." say, "I am not happy with my body. To be happy, I need to lose __ pounds. Then I will be happy. I need to lose weight." It may seem like you're putting yourself down, but you have to decide when you're going to control your weight. ALSO, make sure you exercise at least an hour a day, if you only do 45 minutes of walking, you lose about 200 calories. It's not that much, you need to burn about 1300. Instead of walking, try running. Try running for 10 minutes the first day, and slowly get to 45. It works!