Can someone tell me what could be the cause of my constant sputum? I had flu almost two months ago and ever since that I have constant sputum problem accompanied with constant coughing so I need some info regarding this condition. I also have noticed that this is all followed by wheezing also as well as shortness of breath and my heart has also started beating rapidly. But the persistent problem is this constant sputum that drives me crazy and it has actually the form of green-yellowish discharge. What this could be?

It could easily be bronchiectasis –I had it once and I remember well this constant sputum situation –it isn't pleasant at all. And I know it is caused by some viral infection in your case it was the flu you had so this is what have caused you bronchectasis –which is a condition where your bronchial tubes are abnormally dilated and that is why you have this constant sputum and coughing situation. I suggest you do a chest x ray or maybe CT scan test that would determine how actually your lungs are damaged for you know this condition may cause severe lung damage where the only solution might be a surgery. I wasn’t in such serious condition so I was prescribed antibiotic treatment and it took me quite some time to get rid of constant sputum. Anyway you should see what have caused you this first so it would be the best to have those exams first.