Hi, I have been reading through some of the messages on this site and realise what I probably have known for a while.....I have a problem with alcohol. I went out with friends on Sat evening approx 8pm and left the first venue at 10.45pm. Everything after that is hazy however I kept on drinking until early morning i.e. 7am or so. The next day I drank again from around 1pm until approx 9pm. Now I am feeling terrible.
Worst of all I am no teenager or early twenties....I am a mother of teenagers...SOME EXAMPLE I AM!!
Every time I do this I am wrecked with guilt....what did I do, say; who did I annoy or even worse insult?? Have I embarassed myself or my family?
I can't cope with the workload at home or work and by the middle of the week I am exhausted cos I don't sleep right. When I am not in this state I am normally a fit healthy person. I exercise, eat healthily and generally keep on top of things.
Each time I say it will be OK and get on with it but I think it might be time to realise that enough is enough and accept that maybe this last experience should be my wake up call for everyones sake!!!

Does drinking affect other parts of your life in a REGULAR NEGATIVE way????.... family, friends, work, health, happiness, mental well being??? "Every time I do this I am wrecked with guilt..." For some people, some things are ALL or NOTHING. You may want to consider speaking with a counselor about this, how it affects your overall life & then make a game plan on what to do to improve your quality of life. If you are so stressed by the middle of the week, maybe you can find ways to make work & family obligations less of a burden, or less stressful & then you may not feel so overwhelmed by the middle of the week & go out all night to blow off steam. I'm thinking that speaking to someone, a trusted friend, family member, or counselor may be of great help to lessen the amount of stress that you have in your life. Keeping things all bottled up is no good & it all comes out at some point or time...days, weeks, or months later anyway in a usually unproductive manner (if kept bottled up). FYI: insurence can cover counselors & its a co-pay of $25 or so, out of pocket can run over $100, so consider using ins. if you have it. Just speak with someone who can give you an honest evaluation of what you tell them.