Hi, I am four months pregnant. During this time I have had nothing but problems with my pregnancy. For the first two months I had to deal with nausea and vomiting on regular bases. After that I started to feel sharp pains in my lower abdomen, especially when I stretch. When I talked to my doctor about this, he said that there is nothing wrong with my pregnancy, and that this pain is a normal thing. This didn't calm me down at all. I am wondering if maybe the pain could be caused by something else and that this condition may induce miscarriage. Could you tell me when do miscarriages usually occur? Am I at risk of losing my baby?

Hi, it seems to me that you are being overwhelmed by your pregnancy and that you are overreacting. Pregnancy should not be looked at as some kind of illness, but rather as a normal stage in every woman's life. I would say that the symptoms you are experiencing are a normal part of the pregnancy. Very few women go through this period without the feelings of nausea and fatigue caused by the hormonal changes. Also, the pain you are experiencing is probably caused by the pelvic muscles stretching to adapt to a new situation. However, in some cases the pain might be a sign of trouble. The miscarriage usually occurs in the first couple of weeks, but they can also happen anytime during the first twenty weeks of pregnancy. If you still feel concerned and frightened for your baby, talk to your doctor and explain how you feel. I am sure that he will do all the necessary exams to rule out any symptoms that might indicate you are in danger of having a miscarriage.

Hi. Miscarriages can happen at any time. I had one in my fifth month, here is my advice; look to your doctor not m****s on the internet who have no idea what they are talking about for advice.