Hi I am 14 my voice has broken and I have pubic hair arm pit hair and I have to shave every other day. I have problem that im not to sure what to do about and Im too embarrassed to ask my parents about, the problem is my foreskin completely covers my bellend when I have and erection and I cant pull my foreskin back very much when I have an erection or my penis is flacid, I have been able to masturbate and ejaculate for a long time with no problem but I was wondering if its normal or not to not have an erection with the my foreskin covering my bellend, I have looked at this problem on the internet quite alot and have seen that you can slowly easy back the foreskin a couple of times a day for a while and eventually I would be able to fully move my foreskin back with easy and when I had a erection my foreskin would be behind my bellend. I was just wondering if this is the best thing to do or not? 
Thanks in advance

Hi LJB,

It's very common for your foreskin not to retract until about age 14.  You need to "stretch" it.

Read this thread, all the way.  It will help.

Post back if you have any questions.  Once again, this is NORMAL.  

Thanks alot I had been worrying about this quite alot but I think im going to start the erection and just the normal methods, I just tried the erection method and I couldnt get it that far back not even past my slit and It started to hurt a little bit is that normal? 

Yes it is normal.  You're starting earlier than the other guy by a few years.  Try whatever way works best for you.  There may be some discomfort when stretching.

Never force the foreskin back, it can get stuck and it can lead to a trip to urgent care.

I have the same problem, I'm not able to talk to my mum about it and suspect I have a build up of smegma... I really don't want to get circumsised, what are the 'stretching excersises' because i would so much rather go down that route. I am a bit squeemish and don't really know what to do. When I'm in the shower I can't wash inside so god knows what it's like in there and have never really really tried to get the foreskin over and whenever I've got close it burns and the skin becomes thinner and I am not sure what the hell I am meant to do, my problem is that the related articles on this subject tend to be elder people who have left it too late and I was hoping that someone could explain the techniques and then I could start now, I have just turned 14 last week.

Hi James,

It is normal at 14 for you not to be able to pull your foreskin back - so don' worry. It's common up to about 16.

To stretch it, you can use your fingers to spread the end of the foreskin apart. You can also, when you get an erection, pull down on the skin on the shaft so that the head of your penis, the glans, spreads open the end of the foreskin.

Do whatever you find easier, as often as you can. You don't have to hurt yourself by pulling very hard, just what you're comfortable with.

Don't force your foreskin back. Just go as far as you can go comfortably.

You'll find the glans a bit sensitive at first, this is normal. The nerves have been covered and protected so aren't used to being touched. If you can leave your glans exposed, so it touches your underwear for example, it will become less painful.

Hope it helps.

I am 16 years old and have foreskin everything that has been given to you young men is very accurate

Hi LJB:

You are normal for your age.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

The goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.

No it's fine. I have a bellend, in your case it will just mean that you will not experience as much sexual pleasure. Nothing to be worried about!!!

There's nothing wrong with your Foreskin not going right back when erect. It's only a problem if you can't pull it right back if you wanted to. There are creams and exercises you can do, but with the exercises, don't force it back, as it could tear! If you still have trouble, then see your Doctor ok. Don't be embarrassed, as Doctors are used to seeing everything! For the record, when I'm erect, my Foreskin is only back if I pull it back myself. It doesn't do it automatically. Most Lads and Mens don't tbh. Regarding Medic-Dan, it's NOT very common for 14 Years old Lads Foreskins not to be able to be pulled back. If you spoke to your Mates, you would find that most of them can pull it back. The Foreskin is usually able to be fully pulled back by about 10 Years old. Anyway, I hope this has helped you a bit ok. All The Best :o) .... btw, I'm sure your Dad or another Male Family member won't mind you talking about it to them. Whatever you do, DON'T IGNORE IT as you could end up with problems when your older ok. Good Luck!

I'm a few years older than you and I have experienced this, just whenever convenient pull your foreskin back, not to far, but where it kind of "stops" but do not cause yourself pain, this will take time but eventually do its magic, now at first your glands will be very sensitive, I'm sure you've already seen this, just leave your foreskin back, let it kind of dry out, And as you put it away gently let it touch your underwear, this will also take time but soon you can touch your glands with pleasure and not discomfort.

Hi im 13 and I masterbate nearly every day and I found the more I do it the easier it gets but I just can't touch my bell end for a long time any answers email me 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

If you can't see your bellend don't be scared, you just need an surgery but its nothing bad! they just pull the skin a bit and then they give you like a spray and u will be fine!

I'm 13 and uncircumcised, but when I try to pull my foreskin back to clean my bell end I see either a white/cream patch on it or in folded foreskin. I'm worried and don't know what to do

Hi im 13 and i cant pull it back even till the split !! Im really worried any advice