So a while back I had to go give a urine sample at the clinic and I noticed that there was a lot of little white flecs in the urine, almost like little tiny snowflakes floating around. That was like..a year ago or more, and I've been checking periodically at home to see if theyre still there and they always are. I have also been getting frequent UTIs over the past year. I had never had one in my life before last year and now I seem to get them every few months at least. If it helps at all I'm 19, and have a gluten intolerance (apparently that can cause frequent UTIs?) Any ideas what could be going on? And yes, I'm always careful to wipe properly and everything they tell you to do to "prevent" UTIs...

The little white flecks are the infection, I too get frequent UTI'st. Drink lots of cranberry juice - if you find it to tart add a little club soda or buy cranberry/reaspberry juice it's much sweeter. This one sounds weird but my natropath swears buy it -  eat sauerkraut, drink sauerkraut juice & eat cabbage soup. of course drink tons of water to flush the infection away & prevent it from starting. I never put my water bottle down I even take a glass of ice water to bed. Try not to take too many antibiotics, you are still young & will need to depend on them throughout life for other reasons if you take too many they stop working or they run out of ones to give you. Try Natural Antibiotics from Health Food store, the ones for UTI's are called "Berbercap'. Good luck Sara!