Do you and your SO have fairly different tastes in food? If so, does one of you compromise more than the other when it's time eat?

Do you or your SO like any particular food that the other absolutely detests?

I love to try new things, but the family, dh included, does not. So I stick to what they like. Someday I will get to cook all the things I'd like to try.

It's better than wasting food. I really don't like to cook and then have them not eat. It's just not a battle I'm prepared to wage at this point.

Let me put it this way: Whenever my kids were going to have friends come over they asked ME to do the cooking. When we have "dessert and snack" days at work the women insist I make my cheesecake. When my wife is going to some meeting she asks if I would make a dessert or main dish. My wife can cook your basic "American" stuff, but if you want classic Italian then see me. BTW just to round this off: I play piano, read poetry, do laundry, iron and sew and can do auto and home repairs.

I cook. He cleans.

What could be better??

I cook. He cleans. What could be better??
You cook, he cleans, and I eat, that's what!

My mom cooks meals at home most of the time so I guess she controls the cookbook.

He cooks. I clean.

When he's not home, I defrost.

What's a cookbook?

I control the cookbook without a doubt. I have some very amusing stories about dh's cooking attempts. As for food he detests and I love, the list is impressive. Saturdays I experiment with stuff, try out new recipes, use different ingredients; Sundays is comfort food, meat and potatoes day.

andydp - Ooooohhhhh, a Renaissance man.

Our cookbook is out of control. We both shirk our responsibilities.
This lack of control has lead to much mooching off the parents.

Hey andy, you could be the next Bachelor, yes?

I do all the cooking around here...and I use the term 'cooking' very loosely...

For instance, today breakfast will be peanut butter. Lunch will be V8 and Dinner will be Eazy-Mac

The dog ate it.

Do you and your SO have fairly different tastes in food? If so, does one of you compromise more than the other when it's time eat? We like pretty much what each other likes, except I don't like Brocolli or Pork Chops, other than that everything else is cool Do you or your SO like any particular food that the other absolutely detests? She loves Veal Paramasgan (sp), and I can't stand it