I have heard lately that 6-week makeover Michael Thurmond actually works. That is why I want to hear opinions about this product. I have been trying many diet products, but nothing helped me. I would like to stop wasting my money to something that can even harm my body. Can you tell me opinions of other people, who tried 6-week body makeover?

I have been using the 6-week makeover for eight months now. I love the freedom, direction and results it has given me during this time. In 6 weeks, I achieved results that I have never had in my life, and wearing a size, I have never worn before. It is true that this program takes discipline, but does not achieving a fit slim body. I think that his blueprinting your metabolism is the whole key to success of this program. It boosts my metabolism and I rarely get hungry because I get to eat 5-6 times a day of good wholesome foods since I started with 6-week body makeover. Once you reach your goals then you can slowly incorporate other foods back into your eating plan. I am a firm believer in the whole philosophy of the program, and think Mr. Thurmond is right on track. I have a friend, though, who says this plan is not so great. He complains that he loses a lot of weight because he is only eating 750 to 900 calories a day. As you guess, that would be only your choice would you choosing 6-week body makeover Michael Thurmond program.

Due to a medical procedure, I gained almost 50 pounds in the last year. I tried just about every diet available on the market with no success. One night I saw the infomercial for Michael's six week body makeover and watched with skepticism. I wrote the information down and thought to myself, this is just another gimmick, forget about it. The next weekend I was so depressed because I hated the way I felt and how I looked. I ordered the plan with one last hope of this plan working. To my very pleasant surprise, I lost 7 pounds the first week. I am now in week 4 and down 22 pounds!! I have a renewed energy and love the new me and new eating habits I follow. NEVER in my life have I eaten so much (5-6 times per day) or felt better! My skin glows, my self-confidence is regained and my clothes size is well on its way back to the 4's and 6's I thoroughly enjoyed before surgery. I definitely recommend Michael Thurmond's program!!

i really want to try out the program, too but they dont give out any info about their food. like what kinds of food you eat?? and is it true that you have to cook 5-7 times a day ???

I love this plan. The food is regular food that you make. The reason they don't talk about specific foods is you have so many choices. You are not limited other than to what will work for your body type and even then you still have choices. You do not cook 5-7 times a day but you will eat about 5 -6 times a day. You will end up cooking in large batches a couple times a week. The first week is the hardest. You have to get used to how much food you need to make and getting on a schedule of eating every 2.5 - 3 hours. And for me - cutting the salt was hard but I am so used to it now because there are so many salt free seasonings that work great. I feel so much better without the salt. After the first week - it get much easier and you really will see results. My husband and I are doing it together. This is our 4th week and I have lost 15 pounds and my husband has lost 25. Unfortunately, we are only just starting to do the body sculpting routine simply because of time constraints. Not that the sculpting takes a lot of time - we just need to work it into our schedule. The nice thing about this plan is it is not just a diet. It is really a way of life. We will stay on this until we lose all the weight we want and then go into the living lean phase which is how we plan on eating for good. It is just a healthier way of life and you feel great. I highly recommend this. It is really amazing. You just need some patience, dedication to changing your lifestyle for the better, and know that it does work if you are honest with the survey and stick to it.

Guest wrote:

Not 5-7 times a day. Up to 5 times a day. You eat breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack & dinner with late night snack being optional. I prep stuff for the week on Sundays. I'll cut up vegetables and put them in containers in the fridge so that I can just grab and heat. If you want to talk to others on the diet, go to provida.com. Click on the forums section. You will have to create a user profile (it's free), but you can then check out the newbies section and read what other people say, ask questions, and get advice. They also have a recipes section with all kinds of great recipes.

I am a true believer in this program. Both my husband & I have been on it since January of this year, and here are our stats:

Me- 5'8", Started at a size 18W, 272 lbs.

Scott- 5'10", Started at a size 38, 228 lbs.

NOW:

Me: Size 14, 221 lbs (YES!!!)

Scott: Size 33, 194 lbs

We did 6 weeks EXACTLY with the food, water, and him the exercise.

We do not COOK 5 times a day- we cook 1-2 times a week, portion it out, and have the food READY for us to put together & heat up.

We are both foodies, I abhor bland food. We have a full shelf & a half full of all kinds of nifty spices, and lots of Mrs. Dash! We eat chili, 'tacos', lettuce wraps, salad with 2-3 meals a day, shrimp, breakfast sausage, all kinds of fruit, and even dessert every night.

Many comment that the food is bland because there is no salt used. A sprinkle of red pepper flakes and lemon juice will make the best poaced shrimp you have ever had! You need to look at the recipes and experiment, to find the ones you like.

The best thing I found is this: you can tweak it to fit your life! I had a family issue, which caused me to be in & out of town every weekend for almost 2 months. I tried to stick close to the plan- but Turnpike Rest Areas don't have the greatest selections. So I ate close if possible, but then went back on later. I STILL LOST WEIGHT!!! We went on a week's vacation- did not eat on plan, drank the whole darn week, and came home 3 lbs lighter!! Once you rev your metabolism, it takes a bit to grind it to a halt.

Some say it limits vegetables & grains- well, I eat a salad with 3-4 meals a day. I can have a whole list of veggies with every meal if I like. I sometimes find I can't eat the rest of my sweet potatoes or butternut squash at dinner, because I'm full, from all the veggies!

One comment seems to be that the diet is low in certain nutrients- well, I
have 2 things to say about that!

#1- Michael Thurmand EXPRESSLY STATES that he recommends you take a high quality multi vitamin!!

#2- You can eat UNLIMITED amounts of a whole list of veggies- and on that list is almost EVERY color you could imagine (meaning, you can get most of you vitamins & minerals that you need from veggies from the FREE FOODS LIST!!)

I could put so much more down, but I will leave it at this! :-)

I have just started the 6 Week Body Makeover (6WBM) just recently and I couldn't have better things to say about it! After having my first child 5 months ago, I was at the heaviest I had ever been. The reason I love this diet (not so much a diet, more like an "eating plan") so much is because it caters to the body type I am. You go through the beginners process by identifying what body type you, as an individual, are then it instructs you what kinds of food are available that will help your body lose weight the best and the healthist. Instead of starving yourself, which ruins your metabolism, this plan allows you to eat if you're hungry within the realms of the foods from your plan.
And when I say that, it may only seem like there are a few options, but there are literally hundreds of food combinations you can make/eat. People tend to lose weight on this plan so quickly as compared to other diets is basically because you're allowed to eat the correct foods when you're hungry which in turn, keeps your metabolism going.

I HIGHLY recommend you get the cookbook that accompanies the plan as the recipes that comes with the plan itself sometimes can get a little boring! The cookbook has so many delicious options that actually lists when, with your body type, that you can have this meal (mornings can be different than evenings). I plan menu's at the beginning of the monthly when I have down-time and then make a lot of the sauces and marinades to freeze ahead of time. This makes planning dinners really simple as well as things I can eat or quickly defrost and cook up if I feel particularly hungry and feel myself slipping off the band wagon.

If you get this plan, good luck to you and if you follow it, I promise that you won't be sorry!

I ordered Michael Thurman's 6 week body makeover on a whim when I was awake at 6 am and saw the infomercial. I am so glad I did. It doesn't give you specific foods that you have to have. It gives you a really neat booklet that has different types of foods, which ones are recommended for your metabolism and then at least 3 suggestions on how to cook them and still maintain your diet. There are recipes for flavorful additions to your food, so it's never bland you don't have to think hard to come up with meals. It maps out how much you should have of which types of food for your body type. It is such an awesome plan because anyone can customize it for themselves and you don't have to eat anything you don't like. Examples of meals would be:
Breakfast- 2 oz omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, and onion, 1/2 cup of hash browns and fresh fruit
Mid morning snack- 1-2 cups of fresh greens (iceburg and spinach) with 3 oz of turkey breast
Lunch- 2 oz Chicken breast stir fry with garlic and ginger for flavor, 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of steamed broccoli
Mid afternoon snack- 3 oz of tuna and an apple
Dinner- White wine and garlic chicken with steamed asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes
PM snack- 1/2 cup of mixed berries
This is specific to my metabolism type and there are virtually thousands of different combination. But the meal planner makes it incredibly easy to make meals that follow the guidelines.

I purchased a used Michael Thurmond 6 week body makeover because I wasn't sure it was going to be for me....well...it wasn't totaly complete..the menu planner, dining out guide & recipes were missing. Does anyone know where they can be purchased separately? Can anyone help me out with this?

This program is only good for people that will stop eating bread. It is very strict and to me most of the body types were very similar. I wasted my money because this program is not for me. I'm better off working out every other day at the gym and still eat the foods I want without having to give them up for good. Be cautious, I'm not saying this is a scam because it is NOT, but it sure is hard to follow. Another thing to consider is that all meals must be prepared by YOU so this means you will spend tons of time in the kitchen. It is not for people that don't have time to cook. I do like the fact that there is an eating out guide which I thought was very helpful. I am now going to the gym and eating a little of everything I like. Eating 5-6 meals a day will help you lose weight because I've done that and it works. I still have 15 lbs to lose from having my daughter two years ago. I have joined a local gym and have decided not to spend a dime on programs that I know will not work for me.

I find Micheal Thurmond's 6 week body makeover to work for me. unless the program is still sitting in the box, I can not see anyone not lose anything from this program. weight or inches or even feel better and gain energy. I watched him on the extreme makeovers on T.V. he helped people look like different people because they learned to eat and exercise and put in their bodies what evens them out to make it work. you have to drink water, walk, put the dvd in the player. you have to follow some what of the rules and journal your intake so you can make changes. you have to try. I have read the nagitive comments and I can not believe or understand what I'm reading. This program saved my life. he walks you through it step by step. You can call a number and talk to someone to help you. I called a few times, the help was helpful.
Good luck to all that want to change their ways of life. For me this product WORKS.........

Raeanne wrote:

You buy fresh fruit and veggies and eat your meat amounts do to your body type. you will answer 49 questions at the beginning and it is a walk by walk step. it's like color number 2 red and the number 3 blue. you find your body type put your book in order. very easy. at first you put alot of time and thought into it. but worth it. I take two days out of the week to cook for a few days at a time so my foods are fresh and taste fresh.
Don't go to the store and buy a million dollars worth of food. just take your time, go slow think this out and then make a list. buy only what is on your list. I hope this was helpful to you. I lost 5 lbs and 3.5 inches my first week and 5 lbs 4 inches my second week. I drink alot of water. weight yourself and drink half you weight in oz of water. good luck

Raeanne wrote:

Call this number and let them know that you bought a used program with missing information. maybe they could send you what you need.
1-888-provida. good luck. missing information is important.

I just want to say it works.