Do you tend to eat more or lose your appetite when you are upset? If more, do you eat crappy food or "comfort food"?

Just curious.

I always eat a ton regardless of my emotional status, 'cause I'm a dude.

It depends on what I am stressed about. Work, if I am AT work, nibble at stuff more so I try to keep healthy thing like baby carrots and rice cakes here.

Home/personal stuff, I tend to internalize things and can't eat.

I eat more when I'm bored. The Maintain Campaign really helped me focus on not doing that.

When I am upset I am more aware that I need to eat properly and almost force myself to eat. I actually probably eat healthier when I am upset or under a strain.

nothing can inhibit my appetite

I have been known to stuff my feelings with food. It's usually the food that most convenient, be it healthy or not.

I used to eat when tired but didn't realize that I was tired.

Cheryl, go get your favorite whatever it is for lunch today without a second thought--and take a good buddy with you to make it more enjoyable. You've been through a lot lately and you deserve a day off from stressing about whether it's healthy or not, so you have Dr. Genie's prescription to eat carte blanche whatever your lil' heart desires today! Tomorrow you can get back on the I need to eat healthy bandwagon. ;)

For me, I understand though.....I used to be an eater when I was stressed but over the last year or two I have swung the other way and actually rejected food physically even though I tried to eat to take care of myself while stressed. I think creating a nice atmosphere, going out with friends for lunch, or alone but sitting down to something nice, really helped me make it a positive, kinda comfort thing, more like "why should I deprive myself and not eat because of (insert stressor or person here)? Screw that--it isn't worth it and I am worth more than that!" Taking that attitude helps me a lot when I don't want to eat for that reason. It's part of the taking care of yourself thing and if you look at it like that rather than "I am really stressed = I need to consume ten times my body weight in chocolate" you won't end up overeating but you will be able to enjoy it.

Do the whole thing for yourself tonight if you have time. Make something you really like for dinner, or pick up take out if you're not much for cooking, take a nice long bubble bath, do some yoga, grab your favorite trashy novel or funny movie and just indulge. Ahhhh.......

I eat less when I'm upset, but more if I'm trying to figure something out.

Typically I eat less when under a lot of stress.

Don't really have any comfort foods. Exercise is my comfort

i tend to eat more when i am bored. when i am stressed i reject food and only "cram" it in cuz it's time. i could care less about eating at the worst of times. food has never ever been a source of enjoyment for me and i can't figure that out.

not that i don't love a chocolate chip cookie or birthday cake or kettle cooked potatoe chips, but a meal - as in huge meal with all the trimmings -- :shrug: yawn. taking me out for dinner is a waste of mula.

I can't eat if I'm really upset about something. I literally cannot get it down.

And I love to eat obviously, so that's saying something.