So, me and my best friend have been friends for about a year now, but it feels like FOREVER. It turns out we went to elementary school together since 1st grade, so I guess wev'e ACTUALLY known eachother for 9 years. [I moved to another disrict in 2005, but came back in 07, and then me and him finally saw eachother again in 2009 and got to re - meet eachother]. But anyway, we recently admitted that we liked eachother about 2 weeks ago, [1 week after we kissed]. We'd talked about it for a while. We used to joke about it, but then we got serious. And since the day we kissed, [3 weeks ago], wev'e become closer, and gotten more serious. We hold hands in school, we kiss, he calls me "baby", says "I love you", and calls me twice a day. Sometimes we talk on the phone at like, 3 am till 5! We give eachother nicknames, hang out everyday afterschool, tell eachother EVERYTHING, and are going to go to the movies soon. Our friends always push us together, and if I'm walking with him, and his friends are there, they'll wink and say "I'll leave you two alone." Our parents think wer'e dating, and we talk about getting married and having kids one day. We even refer to eachother as bf / gf, but when I asked him out, he said "I like you, and you know it, but we can't be together, because there's too much going on." What does he mean by that? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

He's not ready to make a commitment yet. YET! He's going thru sthing. Idk what. School, parent, job problems???

ninjakatana98 might be right
or he might be one of those people who find no point in dateing as a kid lol