Hi, I'm 14, 5'8.5" haven't filled out yet, and I lift 10 pound dumbbells for dancing and(of course) the gf. I do 3 sets of 20 reps each every other day:

standingbicep curls,

dumbbell presses(right after 20 best-i-can-do pushups),

and the triceps exercise where you place your hand and knee on a chair, back horizontal and flat, the opposite arm hold the weight at a 90 degree angle and bring it back to be flat with the line of your body.

I have asked for 12,15, and 20 pound weights for Christmas, but I don't want to stunt my growth! I'm supposed to be 6'4-6'6 and I want every inch of it ;-) . I saw another persons question very similar to mine on this website with mixed results, but it seemed they would be going for more weight than me. So, will 12, 15, and 20 pound weight do the exercises specified stunt my growth? please respond!!

Lifting weights will not stunt your growth. As long as the resistance is not so high that it would cause the bones to become more dense and thus close the epiphysis (the growth area of a long bone) then there should not be any detrimental effects.

As a matter of fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics recently changed their policy (PEDIATRICS Vol. 121 No. 4 April 2008, pp. 835-840) regarding this topic by stating that "strength training programs do not seem to adversely affect linear growth and do not seem to have any long-term detrimental effect on cardiovascular health".