I'm thirteen and I'm lifting weights for a week now but my mom says I should stop because I haven't fully grown and I should wait until I stop growing because my body would not focus on growing but instead it will focus on muscle growth. Is this true?

Strength training is perfectly healthy for 13 year olds.  Promotes healthy body weight. Stronger bones. Improved self-esteem.

Yeah the weights lifting can affect 13 years old the growth the boys it can really affect the height of teenage boy so it should be avoid ...

New Member

Yeah, weight lifting creates a negative effect in a 13-year-old boy.

New Member
1 post

When done properly, weight training offers numerous health benefits to 13-year-old boys. In fact, the American College of Sports Medicine states that a child can safely participate in weight training as long as they are mature enough to follow directions. Although they may not see significant improvements in muscle mass, 13-year-old boys will develop strength and endurance. To prevent injury, boys should focus closely on exercise technique and an adult should supervise their training..

_removed_

In fact, the American College of Sports Medicine states that a child can safely participate in weight training as long as they are mature enough to follow directions. Although they may not see significant improvements in muscle mass, 13-year-old boys will develop strength and endurance.