Q: would it work?i think me and my girlfriend don't have 'much' in common, i met her through my housemate who she works with. She enjoys reading books, she is one of those people who you would refer as 'teachers pet'. I already know she likes me, since she told me so and is willingly to give her virginity to me. But the thing is that, would it work? i do like her ..alot, i feel good having her sleeping next to me at night, even though it's only been a short amount of time since we met. But i'm still not sure if this relationship sound promising? i've cooked her dinner, breakfast; i've met her parents 'once', just before our 'first date'. Should i perhaps study what she's interested in e.g. 'books, the course she's studying in' and lifestyle? i mean, we do not have the same background;she's Caucasian & i'm Asian. I have dated many caucasian girls before, but this is the first time i'm ever interested in prolonging a relationship? i'd even feel like i could marry this girl?And it bothers me when my awareness tells me "i've never been on a relation for more than 3 weeks" so would it work out fine with this girl?, we've only just dated for less than a week and i'm already anxious of the outcomes. Am i able to secure this relationship?

many thanx,

Hi:
You should treat her like you would anyone else that you are interested in getting to know. You should also be honest with her about your thinking. Your thoughts about race have developed over your lifetime and they will impact your relationship. She needs to know what she is dealing with. Th you two can decide how to move forward from there. You won't have all of the answers to your questions without getting to know her better. There are no guarantees in relationships. You have to take it one day at a time, with anyone, and make decisions as you move along. The racial issues that you have should be put on the table up front. Please keep us updated.

I don't consider myself a talkative person, neither was she; most of the time, she talks when i talk? I tried not to talk sh*t but i didn't want things to become too..quiet? & awkward. maybe i should wait and observe for some time ay, would it be a good idea to call her on the phone? i think most people find it intimidating, to be able to hear their loved ones on the phone no? one other thing to add...i'm one of those guys who hates talking on the phone, i get nervous and don't know how to carry the conversation to make it interesting, any tips would be great help. Or should i just invite her over, have a bit of wine? HELP! i don't want things to be just simply sex-related.

I think that you're overthinking the situation! It might seem like a big deal going into it so I don't want to diminish the difficulty that you're having. But at the same time, just do what feels and seems right. Call her when it seems appropriate, talk to her when it seems right, and just get to know her as a person. If it turns out that you're interested in each other enough to continue a relationship, let it happen. Don't worry about being interesting--just be yourself. If she's interested in you, it doesn't matter.

haha ta for that. You've raised a good point there, i will keep that in mind.

What's happened in the last couple of days? Have you talked to your girlfriend? If so, what did she think about your concern? Does she have any of her own? Are you going to continue with the relationship. A bigger question is: What does your family think? Please get back to us. We are anxious to hear the rest of the story. I hope that you will get to know her so that you can put some of your "concerns" about other groups of people to rest. Let us know.

Well I just found this thread and started reading it. This is very interesting situation. I seams to me that you two are ok, and in many cases people are not attracted to each other by things they have in common, but by the opposite stuff. If you do not have many things that you like together, that should not be the problem for you. It just may be very interesting, and by this you can learn a lot from each other. Racial thing is something that you have to put your mind by your self. If you are ok with it and if she is ok with it, that is all you need.
I would like to hear how does this story continues. :-)

Hey Geno! I'm posting because it looks like you were pretty anxious when you last posted about this. How are things going with your new girl? Are you still anxious about it or have you been able to put the issue behind you? Let me know because I'd like to hear how you're doing!

I hope that you will leave a post with very positive experience. I think that there should be no obstacles in you relationship.
What about parents? I'm interesting if you have talked to your parents maybe, or has she? In many cases parent can be the main issue for relationships not to work.

This should not be an issue. If you too really like each other then go for it. Be together no matter what comes in your way. People deserve to be happy and both of your are happy together than I don't see why is there a problem. You have to talk to her and make some things clear, what you like and don't like. Also she needs to tell you what she does and doesn't like. And things souldn't be just sex related. Go out for dinner or make a dinner for her. I don't know if you can cook? :-)

Well Miia has a point. Happiness is really important and two people should be happy when they are together.
There are a lot of topic at Relationship, Friendship & Family problems forum. Maybe you can find some examples there. Or you can just post your own experience.

Hi Genokiller, do you mind giving us an update on how things went with your girlfriend? Is the race thing still an issue or does it matter at all now? I'd like to hear how you're doing! LEt me know! Thanks ;-)