I need any information you might have or patient case studies on Xenical used for severe constipation. My Doctor has prescribed this medication for me after a total open colectomy following a volvus and gut paraylsis. It has been an answer to my prayers but my insurance will not cover it for this use. After trying hundreds of medication it was wonderful to stumble across this medication from trial and error. Matching side effects to medication, we came across this one. I am of normal weight ( 5'7 and 128..with 19% body fat) so we can not use that way to submit this medication to my insurance company. Thank you very much.

I was extremely constipated, so bad that I've had to go to the hospital for treatment of this .. NOT FUN AT ALL!!!
I was introduced to Xenical and began taking it. I take it twice a day whenever I remember around my meal times. I have been on it for about 2 and a half weeks. I stayed constipated in the 1st week, then began oily stools, now on my way to three weeks I'm having fairly normal movements and I go everyday, if not twice a day. Its sooooo wonderful .. lol .. I know it sounds gross but those of you that can really relate to constipation .. know the agony I was experiencing.
My advice to you would be if you drink alot of coffee or tea .. for each cup you drink .. drink the same amount of water!! I was seeing no change on the scale until I over did it with the water drinking and now not only am I NOT constipated but I have also lost 10 pounds .. yaya .. whooo hoo ..

Is this still working for the constipation?