Hi, I have a bit of a worry, on my scrotum there are two, quite small yellowish lumps. They are solid, and hurt a little bit when squeezed, they are on the left and right side for my scrotum and are not attached to my testicles. I've had them for a few months now and I'm not sure what they are? Also, when I lift something heavy or do a lot of exercise at once, I get a pain in my testicles. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Worried,

On the lumps, you mean they are on the outside of the scrotum, correct?  Most likely they are sebaceous cysts, basically like a big zit.  They are very common on the genitals because the skin is very thin.   You can try warm compresses to get them to drain but if it has been "months" they will likely need to be drained by your doctor. 

On the pain while lifting may indicate a hernia.

You need to see your doctor.

Good luck.

Hiya, thank you for responding, the lumps look as if the are on the inside of my scotum, however they don't seem to be attached to anything apart from my actual skin. Would it be any harm if I was to just leave them? Thanks

Probably no harm. Just be sure that they are definitely not attached to your testicle.
I'd still say sebaceous cyst.

Okay, thank you very much for your help

Hi again, just another question about this (they are still there by the way), is there any chance they will eventually go away or would I have to try and pop them like a zit for them to go away?

Thanks.

They should go away but it can take some time.

Hiya, the sebaceous cysts are still there, however one of them seems to have gone down in size? Does this mean that there is a possibility of them going away? Also, if I was to have sex, would the cysts cause any type of STI/STD? Thanks.

They should go down by themselves eventually.

They can't cause an STD or STI.

Okay, thank you :)