:'(
i am having itching and bleeding on one side of my mouth and the pain is severe what do i do could i have dry socket. ps i took vicadin and ibuprophren too and an antibiotic. helllpppp!!!!

Usually you don't develop "dry socket" for at least a couple of days. It is possible but it is very common to experience pain after an extrication. Depending upon how much digging they had to do for the extraction a large amount of tissue has been compromised. The pain should lessen in a day or so.

What did your oral surgeon advise you to do? Could you tolerate an ice pack on the outside of your jaw? The vicodin and ibuprofen should help with the pain.

If it is still bothering you, I just noticed the post is a couple of days old, then contact your dentist/oral surgeon.

Good luck, hope you're OK.

I think that if you are experiencing itching and bleeding that is usually pretty normal when the stuff wears off, although it could also be an allergic reaction. It is hard to tell based on your post, as you're probably quite upset right now! Can you contact your doctor for it? I think that's important to do. Let me know, okay?