Hi. I'm 17 years old and I've been having constant throat pain since april 2006. I saw a ear nose and throat specialist in the fall, and after numerous antibiotics had my tonsils and adenoids removed in Dec. 2006. However, after the 2 weeks allotted for healing, my throat was still in a decent amount of pain. My dr. who performed the surgery said it could be irritated from a scar on the left side of my throat resulting from the surgery. After it did not feel any better, I went to a few other specialists, even the University of Chicago to see if there was any explanation. No tests showed any results, and all the dr.'s were confused as to what this is. There is no swelling, or redness, just a long scar in my throat, and my muscles feel very tense in my throat and mouth. It is now August and I have had no relief of any kind since last April. The worst part is I'm a singer, and havent been able to sing properly in over a year and several months. If anyone has any ideas as to what this is, I would appreciate it.

tell that to your doctor and tell him its PAINFUL and its not going away :-D