This is essentially a story of a man that has come back from the brink and halved his HBA1C!!!!  This is a tale to spread to all diabetics who are frustrated in their journey to succeed in lowering their numbers! 

I was told I was diabetic last year and devastated, to say the least!  My HBA1C was 10, which is deadly in my opinion and that of my doctor's.  I was adamant to change that all around!  I went on a strict low-carb diet with lean meat and fish choices and ate lots of green veggies.  I started to bike regularly...I love biking!  As of yesterday, I have lost 122 pounds (in a year's time!) and I feel wonderful!!  And my HBA1C as of this month....drumroll...... 5.1!!!!  I am extremely happy and I want to let everyone know that YOU can do it too!!  You can turn this diabetes illness around with drive and dedication!  I would love to hear from others who have beat diabetes!!

Hi there. My first diagnose was lower hemoglobin A1C levels. So, when I was first diagnosed, my levels were perfect even if the results were not saying this. But it seems that I had a proper care and that this was a reason why I never felt any changes.  I think that this was because I was living with my parents and they take a really good care of me. Until I went to a Collage and this was a day when everything went downhill.  just stopped caring about myself and I eat almost eventing that I shouldn't. I ate sweets all the time. That was a huge mistake. 

That is very impressive to have lost so much weight and to turn your diabetes around.  I am happy for you that you have become a dedicated bike rider and you have brought much enthusiasm to the forum.  Keep up the good work!

Wow, like I want to be able to do that. I just don't have the drive or motivation. I hate it. I keep tellling myself that I will start walking today, I will start eating better. But I don't! I don't know what I need to get my butt in gear, I just need to do it for myself and my kids. Does anyone have any motivators that are useful? Doing it for my health isn't a motivating factor apparently. Sad but true. When I lost weight and followed diet plans in the past, I always did it because of a guy. Maybe that is what I need to do again.