I am so happy!  I have just received the results on my HbA1c and it is 5.6%!!!!  I can't believe it but it has taken my 1 year to get to this point but I finally got under the 6% mark!  Wow!  It took a lot of work and making changes that I didn't want to do but i know my health is very important.  I want to live to see my grandkids graduate and get married and it wasn't going to happen the way I was living before. 

I started changing the way I was eating by adding more lean meat and less carbohydrate.  I didn't need to take any medication, thank goodness.  I lost about 20 pounds doing that and I started exercising.  It was easier to start walking when I had some of the weight off of my body.  I then added more vigorous exercise by doing the elliptical machine I bought off of hsn and now I am having the time of my life burning the calories and losing more weight.  Now I am down 56 pounds and I think this helped my A1c as well.  If I can do it, anyone can! :)

That is such a wonderful post!  Many people should be inspired by your story.  It is important that diabetics work on getting their sugars down to normal levels so that diabetic complications do not come about too soon.  Losing weight is one of the best things to do to get blood sugars under control.  Exercise helps to lower the blood glucose levels as well.  I know many diabetics that have brought their diabetes under control through diet and exercise and don’t need medication for many years.  Anyone can do it if he/she stays within the carbohydrate limits and exercises moderately for at least 30 minutes a day.