I have enlarged lymph nodes on my inner thigh. My famly has a long history of cancer. My Dad died of cancer. My mom has breast cancer. My brother had cancer, and my nephew has Leukemia. :'( Should I be worried? I know it is not sexually related because I am in a stable relationship with my husband of 10 years. Could it be some kind of infection? Should I have them removed?
Thank you for your input,
Jenn

I'm sorry to hear about such history your family had - that definitely is something that should make you even more decisive in seeing a doctor and figuring out what is the cause of the problem. But, there are far bigger chances that the inflammation or infection has caused this problem - lymph nodes that are closest to the specific area serve as the sort of "collectors" of the things that cause infection - when you have strep throat, lymph nodes on the side of the throat are swollen. So, it could be that urinary tract infection has caused this, but it definitely would be the best if you got examined. Even if it caused by an infection, you need to see a doctor to get the right antibiotic treatment. Wish you the best!

Thank you for the information. :-D It put my mind at ease. I did go and see the doctor, and she thinks it is an infection. She gave me some antibiotics, and she told me that if I didn't feel better we would take the next step. I am putting warm heat on the area, and I am starting to feel a little bit better. Thanks once again.
Jenn

You're welcome, I'm so glad it worked out this way:) Just keep taking the antibiotics in time, and hope things get back to normal soon!