I fell down the stairs 3 weeks ago after getting my foot tangled up in a towel that shouldnt have been there. I went to casualty and they had xrayed my foot and sent me home in a half cast, after trying to walk for a week i couldnt stand the pain and also noticed that when the swelling subsided my foot was a funny shape, i returned to the hospital where they did a ct scan and told me that i had a lisfranc injury and would need to have sorgery (ORIF) i had 2 pins inserted and what looks like 5 or 6 screws. After surgery my foot was left for 2 days for the swelling to subside and then put into a fibreglass cast, he also told me that i wasnt to put any weight on it for 6 weeks,its been 10 days since my surgery and i live on my own with my 2 sons and as much as i have tried to follow his advice i do find myself sometimes walking on the cast if theres a small emergency which can be quite often with 2 young sons, i have no pain whatsoever when i do weight bear on it and its actually very comfotable and a massive relief so am i right in thinking that it cant be doing much damage if its not painfull to weightbear i,m very confused. %-) %-)

this post is way late to help you. i have a severe lisfranc injury from a motorcycle incident and have a plate, four screws and used to have 5 pins. the risk to weight bearing is that if the pinned joint flexes repeatedly the stainless pins can weaken at the flex area and break into two pieces making complete future removal impossible without major joint disruption. this is just like a coat hanger that breaks after repeatedly bending back and forth.
hope things turned out well for you.

^ I agree with this guy. There is a reason they tell you not to bear weight for 6 weeks+. Don't risk it, take it easy. Call in any friends, family or whatever to help you. 

Do not walk on it. Listen to your doctor. Ask for help. I have been through it. The worst thing you can do is walk on it too early.