Hi, I have been using aromatherapy products for couple of years and I am very satisfied. However, a friend of mine, who is also into aromatherapy, says that she has tried making her own homemade aromatherapy products and that she thinks that this way she got better quality. I don't know if anyone else had tried to make aromatherapy products on their own. Do you have some experience with homemade aromatherapy?

Hi, I think that aromatherapy products are much better because no synthetic substances are used in making of them. However, I also believe that this production should be left in the hands of professionals. I have tried making my own bath salts. The recipe didn't sound that difficult so I decided to give it a try. The result was not that great. First of all the salts were not dyed, so I used more color. Secondly, I had no idea how much of essential oils would give the best effect. It turned out that I used too much color and too little essential oils. When I finished my first bath, my skin was little bit green and I was not at all relaxed. So you see that everyone has its own experience with the crafting of homemade aromatherapy products. I think that you should give it a try and figure out for yourself if these products suit you better than the ones made by the professionals.