Is there a way to prevent blood clots in your menstrual cycle to ease the cramps? Is there, like, some kind of food or a specific diet? Or something to drink?

i'm passing extremely large blood clots from my vagina and i need to know what to do to keep this from happening.. i am going to the doctor but if i stand up it drops out and makes a big mess... help me i'm in dire need of some advise....

well, i'm not THAT bad though....

I am not sure that there is anything you can do. Blood clots during periods usually mean that your periods are massive and that the blood doesn’t have time to be “anticoagulated”.

This is what happens: these blood clots are just a part of the endometrial lining that is being normally shed during periods. When the shedding and bleeding are heavy, the blood is being pushed quickly out that the body doesn’t have time to release these anticoatigulants to prevent blood from clotting.

However, if the blood clots that you are passing are bigger than a quarter, then you should certainly see a doctor.

Hi, look into including green smoothies, lots of sprouts, salads and raw foods in your diet. Be very careful of which kinds of oils you consume, organic cold pressed only if possible and lots of omega 3 rich ones such as evening primrose, borage or flax(linseed) oil. I know this can be restrictive but it is worth making the change! Get your hands on a copy of Paul Pitchford's 'Healing with Wholefoods' if you can! If you give your liver a good cleanse it makes a very imprtant difference to your hormonal balance, and the formation of your endometrial lining.

Do the dietry changes first, believe me they will change your life...also get an internal ultrasound to see whats going on, you may have fibroids or fluid filled cysts that may be endometriosis (of which I have much experience)...again a largely vegan wholefood diet with lots of rawfood and only good quality oils is the key to pain relief. Best of luck on the journey...listen to your inner voice!