Yes. I would definitely get a CT Scan. I had 3 Ultrasounds which didn't show the scarring or anything. I too am very overweight and sometimes that is a problem with the ultrasound. Stay on your Dr's and don't let them blow off the fatty liver. I'm not saying that you will end up like me but if you can get ahead of the problems, you will be so much better off. I am an RN and I just knew something was not right. Only wish that I had pushed more. Best of luck to you. Keep me posted.

HIATAL HERNIA. May not be for everyone, but probably for the most. Could have been caused by pushing during labor or over eating. Once you get it, it comes and goes depending on how full your stomach is. So it may not show on test. I had endoscopy, x-ray, ultra sound, etc...and it never showed up until just recently in CT scan. I could get surgery, but it can come back if I over eat. So for now, I am going to try hiatal hernia exercise, and I need to remember to eat small portions : )

I have the same problem since my first child. I went back to my OBGYN and he couldn't feel anything wrong. I couldn't lay flat in my bed, during recovery when I got home, and had to sleep sitting up. It went away. This was 29 years ago. Around 24 years ago, I bent over to tie a shoe, and bam! Same symptoms that you are describing. It comes and goes, especially when I am at they gym doing crunches. It's been awhile again, but definitely gets my attention when it does, and scares my trainer. I just say oops, stomach cramp and keep going.

Gosh, the rib theory makes sense too. I had a very large baby in a tiny body, and she kept kicking one side of my ribs towards the end of my pregnancy. That was 29 years ago, and I had immediate pain in my upper abdomen when I tried to lay flat in bed, as I recovered. It went away, but sometimes when I bend over, I get the same symptoms.

So I have this as well. Even when my weight is good. I get it tying my shoes in my lower abdominal area and I also get it just sitting but it's just under my ribs then and you can put your hand on it and it feels as if a baby kicking or stretching or something twisting and it is painfull.

Sounds just like me. I did do the HIDA scan after all the others showed nothing and that was the key. Showed my gallbladder was only working at 2 percent. All the bile in it was a thick goo. Had it taken out and felt better right away. Gallbladders can perforate or rupture just like an appendix!

My dr said cramping iis trapped air. Ive had it for 18 yrs sporadically. I have asthma but no gerd or hiatal hernia. I weigh 98 lbs.

I have the same problem and been checked for ultrasounds in all types of stuff still cant find anything and its over 6 years now

Thanks for your post!!!!

Doctors dont know sh*t, unless it shows up in a blood or urine test. I have had this for years, no doctor can figure it out. I read these posts for a reason, hoping for one smart doctor out there who knows wht this is. Hard to believe that so many people have this and it doesnt have a name. So keep your comments to urself, if you had actually read the posts, you would see the doctors have no clue !!!!

I have same issue I had a ct scan and it showed nothing Dr can't tell me anything.

hi I am having the same problems also but I was recently told that I had ulcers and acid reflux so I'm thinking it has something to do with that I've also been ordered a EDG so I'll see what the results is after that

I'm in the exact same boat. Any bending movement basically unsuspecting paralyzes me with pain for a few moments.
Tying my shoes, bending to pick something up, reaching, ect.... just "Bam"
It's almost daily....my question, do you have any back issues? My online research says a possible cause is a back injury?
I'll be heading to the Dr soon, but from the, way it sounds, no one is getting answers.

I have the same problem but my stomach pain happens when I bend over in the car to pick something up off the floor I get out of the car & stretch it helps sometimes but when I get back I the car it happens again so I recline the seat all the way back & lay back & try to stretch my stomach that take the pain away until I try to sit back up & it happens again. When it finally goes away I have relief for 3-4 month for hen it comes back. What should I do?

Typo:
When it finally goes away I have relief for 3-4 months then it comes back. What should I do