I experience abdominal swelling/bloating both in the stomach and lower abdominal area almost non stop. When it first got really bad I was afraid I could be pregnant, but I've taken pregnancy tests and they're always negative,. I'm on the pill and haven't missed a period, although the last one was very short. I usually don't have any pain, but occassionally my lower back and lower abdomen can cramp up really bad. I've been reading about IBS, but I don't know if I really fit these symptoms. I guess I just really don't know what to research or ask so if anyone has any suggestions and/or advice it would be much appreciated.

Yes IBS can cause abdominal and stomach swelling/bloating, I have the same problems. I would recommend getting it checked just incase though because back pain could possibly mean a kidney stone

Hi, I have the same symptoms and it worries me. Although it usually happens a week or two before my periods, I am worried because I had an abortion 3 yrs ago. I don't know if this is just normal from the pill, or if its combination due to the abortion. L