I had an abortion 11days ago. I had a surgical abortion. The next days I begin to have severe diarrhea plus abdominal cramp so I went to doctor for a checkup after a week…. she said that “it’s not related to surgical abortion” …now it's gonna be 11days and still I have diarrhea three or four times a day. Still my doctor didn’t give me any medicine. Please help me to stop this thing …I don’t know wt to do.

I understand where you are coming from in your opinion of abortion and I agree with you to a certain extent. I myself did not approve of abortion, and would never do it. But all that changed when I got pregnant, me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years and plan on getting married. I am 28 and have never been pregnant before and looked forward to having children and a family with the man I love. So you can imagine how happy we were when we found out I was pregnant. I found out when I was 8 weeks. I could not wait, I wanted a little girl and had her name picked out and everything. It took me a few weeks before I could get to a actual obgyn, versus a pregnancy refuge place who confirmed my pregnancy. Anyways at 15 weeks I get to my first obgyn visit, I go in get a pap smear, have blood taken, and they go ahead and give ultrasound that day instead of having to make another appointment because I have transportation issues. So I get my ultrasound, and heat my babies heartbeat for the first time and see it's little face. They tell me the doctor is going to meet with me and talk about the ultrasound. So I'm happier than ever until the dr comes in and tells me that there is extra fluid under the babies skin, I immediately start crying, they tell me I need to see a specialist within the week and they would make the appointment and they couldn't answer my questions, only the specialist could and they didn't know if it was life threatening. I get scheduled for specialist the next day. That night I could not stop crying, and did research online and found the condition to be hydrops. Everything I read was heart wrenching and the outcome was not looking good. I prayed and prayed that everything would be OK when I went to specialist. Unfortunately, the diagnosis was confirmed. And I was told my baby had either down syndrome or Turner syndrome and was very sick and the heart best was already starting to skip a beat. and not expected to live to full term and probably only a few more weeks. I was crushed! They did lab work so I could find out exactly what it was and the sex of the baby. Finally after a long dreaded 10 days I get my results. To find out I was having a little boy, that unfortunately would not make it to this world nor get to hold in my arms, he had down syndrome and trisomy 18 and trisomy 13, he received 3 extra chromosomes of 21, 3 extra chromosomes of 18, 3 extra chromosomes of 13. The birth defects would be mental retardation, failure to feed himself, curled hands and feet, thin and frail, abnormal shaped head, close set eyes, extra fingers and toes and much much more. My financial state is very bad right now and there was no way I would be able to avoid the medical expenses if he did happen to survive, which was a very unlikely chance, and I also could not see myself bringing a baby into this world with all those issues, for that would not be much of a life to live nor could handle him having to suffer his entire life with his issues which in the rarest cases would only be to 1 years old. So I had decided to just wait until he died in the womb, rather than have an abortion and just prayed for a miracle and it would go away. Until I got to thinking of the day I go to the dr and there is no heartbeat, and how traumatic and dramatic that would be, and how that would effect me mentally even more. So me and my boyfriend decided to go ahead and terminate the pregnancy. It was so hard, and emotional for me, because I wanted my baby, but would not get to have him and other people were aborting theirs just because they didn't want to be pregnant, I was heart broken and angry and envious of them all. I kept thinking and still keep thinking how can they be so lucky to have a perfectly healthy baby and not want it and give it up, when I'm here wanting mine but will not get to have him, it is not fair! What did I do, to not be able to have my baby! I had finally gotten pregnant for the first time and was going to get to stsrt my family, just to have my dreams crushed and my chance of being a mom taken from me. I don't believe in abortion at all, but my situation was different and difficult, but I do believe I made the right choice, and it was the most responsible choice, plus on the day of the procedure his size was indicating he was 15 weeks. When I was really 17 weeks 5 days. So I believe he might have already died, and shrinked, although I'm not certain since they did not have it set up to hear a heartbeat nor do I think they checked for one. But I like to think that he was because it makes it some what easier to handle. I am now on my 5th day of recovery from the abortion and started bleeding again, I had only bleed 1 1/2-2 days after procedure. Bit now it's started again but only when I wipe and it's a brownish red. I no longer cry when I see the blood, so I believe I'm starting to accept what was and what is now, but it still gets to me and I break down and cry in private. I don't like to talk about it and won't with anyone really. And I find myself being more blunt and straight forward with people at work when I am asked at w how far along I am now. Or they call me prego, I just say I'm not anymore and walk off as to avoid talking about it and ignoring it. I don't want to hear people say they are sorry and show compassion towards me because it hurts to much. I appreciate their condolences and support but it is just not something I can handle or deal with. I'm trying to just bury my grief and sadness as much as I can and hope it will just go away and I'll forget it all. Me and my boyfriend are going to try again and I will eventually get to be a mom, but as of right now I have no desire to get pregnant right now, out of fear there will be a complication or issue with the next one, and I would not be able to handle that kind of news, nor go through it again. I have just been keeping myself as busy as possible to keep my mind off it all by doing major cleaning when I'm at home, and by picking up extra shifts at work, and putting in applications for a second job. Anything to keep my mind off everything that has happened. So you see abortion has two sides, i feel as though you should not get an abortion to end a pregnancy just because you don't want the baby, but I think it is a option and a good choice to get one if it's due to medical complications. Although the effects that. It has on you is intense, and over whelming and alot to endure, but in those cases it's really your only option and you just have to take things day by day until it gets easier.

That's not what she asked. Go stand on the line.

I don't feel like wrighting out a story. But if she had a termination then she explored her options. It was her choice to make follow through with a termination. It is not an easy decision. You are intitled to your opinion. But it is wrong of you to "shame "her. I say shame lightly. Sending a message like that to a woman who already made a possible painful decision of a termination can harm her mentally.

Thats your opinion but its not fine for you to judge people. I have never had an abortion but many stories that i have heard is understood y an abortion has been included many persons face different problems and are in different situations but i personally can say if the abortion is neccessary i dont mind. Many persons do abortion because they love their child and refuse to enable them to be born in certain situations. Just like slavery many slaves committed infanticide because they didnt want their children to grow up in slavery. So dont be quick to say and judge

Nessa,
you are completely out of line, the original post is looking for people to give some support and knowledge on the matter not for someone to share an opinion that is not needed in this circumstance. "50% of post-abortive women expressed negative feelings" - your only adding to that percentage by shaming people in their decision and in any case without a reference to your "facts" they are not facts at all.
I honestly feel you are an online bully.. you have no idea how your post may affect someone else online and what actions you may push someone to too with your words. Everyones welcome to their own opinion, but have you not heard of the saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all". I think your a complete disgrace to us women who are supposed to help and support one another not bring each other down.

Regarding the original post. I have had similar diarrhoea issues although I am only on my 2nd day post abortion but I have read that the antibiotics Azithromycin can cause diarrhoea side effects, so It may be just be a prolonged impact from them. Stress can also impact bowel movements severely, so It could also be caused by the stress of the whole procedure.

in any case, I hope your got it sorted and are feeling better now!

Thank You Nessa for expressing your concern online, not knowing that you will be judged for a simple question. And Thank You Guest for pointing out this "online bully".
In any case, I have been experiencing the same symptoms. I too had a surgical abortion March 23rd and still having diarrhea at least 3-4x's a day. Not sure what it's from but my Doc explained that I can get some OTC Anti-Diarrhea medication but I figured it would go away and that my body is fighting off something so I should let nature take its course. I do think it has something to do with the antibiotics given, but this is 2 weeks and counting. I just want to return back to normal and not be embarrassed at work!

Hey Bully. Your stats are wrong. And do you not think that maybe this woman went to a crisis centre and/ or thought this thru. You are all full of sh*t and need to keep your comments to yourself.

I don't really think it's okay for you to throw your two cents out there if you don't agree with what she did. WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN CHOICES. If you don't f***ing like it, back the hell off. This is a question about what to do when it comes to post abortion symptoms. No where did it ask for your pro life opinion.

Nessa - you have no right to judge and comments like yours do not help. If a woman chooses an abortion it is because they have had to make a very difficult choice and whatever the reason it is never an easy decision. I recently had an abortion, I would have loved a brother or sister for my other child, but life isn't always fair. I am currently under going treatment and continued investigations such as x-ray for a chronic condition. My age plus treatment make the risks of health issues significant. I couldn't bring a child into this world that I may not be around to look after and who will need care even into adult hood. So if you really would like to do some good take your naiive views and make yourself useful by helping kids/disabilities that are in care as they have nobody to look after them.

Nobody f*****g asked you that. She asked about her problem if you didn't have an answer for that question shut the hell up

Your opinion is invalid..people have reasons why they need to take such actions. Putting your two pence in will not help the situation. In fact your words are insulting. Go and do one with your bloody facts !!!

Well said nessas opinion wasn’t asked for.

Not the point. Keep your opinion to your body.

Are you serious? Shut up... this girl needs help and not your judgement. You’re not helping and you are not right. Any women has the right to abort. Wether it be because of a poor life situation or poor health. Or simply being too young. None of these are reasons to regret aborting. Why bring a baby into a life that is not ready to care for it. Keep your BS beliefs to yourself.