I'm 14 and I think i might be pregnant. I'm not sure yet. I don't know where to get a pregnancy test and if I get one idk when to do it. I have to wait a month to see if I missed my period. If I am I need to know where I can get an abortion WITOUT my parents knowing. THEY CANNOT FIND OUT. Please help. I live in New York. Please help please.

Hi Je,

Why do you think you are pregnant?

You can test as early as 2, but preferably 3, weeks after having sex.  You can buy a home pregnancy test at most stores - at any age.  If you use it, you need to follow the directions EXACTLY and you need to use your very first morning urine (pee).  If you do it later in the day it won't be as accurate.

New York does not appear to have any laws restricting abortions to minors BUT you will have to pay for it, somehow.

Good luck.

Well we had sex(unprotected) yesterday but I stopped. He didn't come but he said he pre comed so I'm not sure if i can be pregnant and I need any help that I can.

OK Je,

Just because you had sex it does not mean that you will become pregnant. Even when everything is "perfect" the chances of becoming pregnant are about 1 in 5.

IF he has ejaculated since the last time he urinated, then his precum may contain sperm. If not, it is considered not to contain sperm.

Don't jump to conclusions. Slow down is all I'm saying. Use protection next time - he CAN wear a condom and then you won't have these concerns (or possible expense).

I'm sorry I'm just very scared and confused. Should I still get a pregnancy test in 2-3 weeks? I just want to be prepared just in case. and I have to wait a week to see if I miss my period :/

Je,

I understand that you're scared.

If you have your period next week, when it is due, and it is NORMAL (like your other periods) then it is very unlikely that you are pregnant. If it doesn't come on, or is different, then wait the 2-3 weeks and test.

An option RIGHT NOW is an emergency contraceptive, like Plan B. You can't buy it at your age though, you'd need someone older to get it for you. It's most effective within 72 hours.

Try not to worry.

What is an emergency contraceptive?

An emergency contraceptive is something that is supposed to help you NOT get pregnant, AFTER you've had sex. But, you need to take them fast, within 72 hours (3 days).

Plan B, I-Pill, The morning after pill, all are common names for them.

What if you take it and your not pregnant? (btw I asked him and he sid he urinated before we did it. What does that mean about the pre ejaculation that u said before?)

Don't get confused but, even if you were to get pregnant from having sex yesterday, you aren't pregnant yet.

It takes several days for implantation to occur. That's what emergency contraceptives help prevent, implantation. If it doesn't implant you ARE NOT pregnant.

It won't hurt you or do anything if you aren't pregnant.

If he urinated that cleans any sperm out of his urethra. No sperm in his precum.

Since there is no sperm in his precome does that mean I am not or can not gwt pregnant? He didn't real come in me. I can't use plan b because I can't get a parent to get it. Any other ideas or should I just wait to see if I get my period and if I don't get it then use a pregnancy test? (Sorry if I'm bothering u with all the questions)

You're not bothering me.

Odds are that there was no sperm in his precum so it is unlikely you will get pregnant. You can't say never. With any sexual contact there is always the risk.

At this point, I don't think you have to worry about pregnancy. Wait for your next period.

Keep me posted OK. Good luck.

Thank you so much:)

I just asked him and he said he said he peed an hour or two before we did it. Is the pre sperm still washed out?

It depends upon when he last ejaculated?

Did he masturbate after he peed?